Layered Realms Update - Oct. 22

no, it really wasnt. when your capital city gets raided and you cant defend it, thats taking a good bit of the classic experience away.

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve seen pagle on the list yet either

I’m actually worried about what’s to come now. Farming nodes, the quantity of nodes, spawn times, mob spawns, none of that was designed in vanilla with the current server populations in mind. Prices have already significantly risen on farmed mats since they at the flip of a switch became much harder to farm. I’m all for no changes but damnit man why did you make the servers so damn big when obviously the game was not designed for it.

Not to mention we now have queues we haven’t seen in weeks.

Edit: Yes I know dynamic respawns are a thing but farming elemental fire last night with over double the amount of people than were normally there and mobs sure as hell weren’t spawning any quicker.

4 Likes

Less gathering nodes available will mean higher raw mat prices, and the prices of the consumables that they make will rise accordingly. I guess it’s only a problem if you’re a gatherer who got used to low competition. Now it’s more competition but higher prices to sell your mats at

Thank you, Kaivax.
Removing the layers and the resulting queues is hopefully enough motivation for non RPers to transfer off of the RP and RPPVP realms.

2 Likes

bad idea to remove layering its seriously 2 layers and nobody want to play on ques and with how much time it takes to lv people are switching servers like come on and let us play

It’s just a stupid meme.

2 Likes

I’m so glad layering is now gone from the two servers I play on. I was seriously getting annoyed with every other sentence in Gchat being “Layer please”. It was being incredibly abused, from people layer hopping for gathering nodes, to mages aoe farming a whole area disappearing for 10 min then coming back to do it again. If you want to farm with no one around just do what I do farm instances.

Seriously? You people made a huge stink about layering and have been flipping out about it being removed since before launch, and now it is, and you’re complaining yet again. Just a massive failure on your part.

1 Like

Been getting to a point where I feel content with my progress in retail, gonna be happy to jump back into Faerlina on the weekends. Just gotta get up early. 2 hour queues latter in the weekdays are still not the best but wayyyy better than the 12-15 hours in the first week or so.

Bring layers back to Myzrael. It’s absolutely impossible to get anything done now, there are way too many damn people in every zone.

I tried leveling on my alt, 5 people fighting over a single mob type. I try to farm ore, none to be found in the entire zone.

Literally not worth doing anything outside of an instance.

Awful.

2 Likes

They need somthing to cry about not happy either way

1 Like

Lololololol. Made the required 10 char.

1 Like

Can someone explain the benefits of not layering on a server that is basically full/high pop? I can see how layering on a server that is medium to small population doesnt make any sense. But on high pop servers I dont see the negatives from having layering.

With layering you have a chance at farming the mobs you need for questing, you can still party up with your friends, and you can still find plenty of ppl in world pvp. On Benediction last night, I was doing some questing in STV and there were more ppl than there were mobs. It seems a little unbalanced for a server to have a population that high and not have some form (even if a minimal amount) of layering. I played back in vanilla through WotLK and I have never seen the crowded-ness as I saw last night.

To be clear, I am not complaining about there being too much PvP. I signed up for a PvP server and I want to fight the enemy faction over resources. But its a bit senseless when there are 30 of my own faction members just sitting around afk waiting for 6 mobs to spawn.

Again, if someone could layout the benefits of deactivating layering I would appreciate that because I just genuinely don’t understand. Thanks!

1 Like

Please spend an evening trying to get anything done in STV on Atiesh, then tell me this was a positive thing for players.
I’m abandoning all my alts at this point bc it is a frickin hellscape out there.

I played launch on Hyjal, one of the notorious group of constantly overloaded servers with high Qs… and it was NEVER as bad for trying to get a quest done as what happened last night.

The benefit for PVE servers:
When they’re sitting around in IF they can see other people also sitting around in IF - a novelty that will lose its shine in a matter of hours.

Also if you want to trade with somebody they’ll for sure be on your layer without inviting them to a group. Totes worth the world being unplayable.

Anyway, to be serious, people use layering to layer hop to find a layer with the mob/node/limited vendor pattern/whatever up. Which, to be frank, I don’t see as a problem as each layer should be equally fair to play on, but maybe they really hate it.

Limited cross-realm. I’m guessing we’ll have battle groups like in 1.12.

Org on Skeram after single layer
https://imgur.com/VwC6DFP

:joy:

The only thing I’m mad at is the fact they made the servers so much larger than vanilla. I’m fine with them being larger but this is kind of silly. I never wanted queues for raid nights or fighting for farm with 20 other people the same faction as me at 1 in the morning. I damn sure don’t need someone who won’t even post on their main to group me with everyone else and for them to think they are the only outlier.

Benefits:

1. You can actually shut down cities with a raid.

2. When phase 2 hits, raid bosses will be meaningful as there won’t be multiple copies of them running around.