Layer switching is the problem, not layering itself

Rest assured that there are not people running around with banks full of Thorium Crystals or Black Lotus.

Word of God y’all.

54 Likes

So what I’m reading from this is -

“Go ahead and layer hop.”

I don’t see anything condemning in this post concerning layer hopping.

22 Likes

Thanks for the blue post. I think many people will feel better knowing for sure that the situation is being monitored and is not as dire as many people are assuming.

31 Likes

In for sweet tears of the neck beards.

14 Likes

This is good to hear that you all are watching and monitoring this and that it’s not as bad as some are saying. I know I was personally getting concerned that if these things were true, it could be the games downfall.

Thanks for the clarification.

18 Likes

Thank you for the assurance. Can you please take an explicit stance that this behavior is indeed exploitation and a violation of TOS? I know you used the word “exploitable”, but people twist words. There should be consequences for using this in an unintended way to gain advantages over other players, even if it isn’t to the degree that some have claimed.

22 Likes

Thanks for this post. I had been believing this dislike for Layering to be exaggerated or spoofed by people. I’m glad to know ya’ll are monitoring it.

3 Likes

still fine for farming mobs every time you reset, thanks

1 Like

@Pazorax Thank you so much for giving some feedback to the community on this issue. Keep up the great work!

P.S. Ban all Horde who abused this, buff this for the Alliance.

3 Likes

Why would they be working on something to limit it if it was intended and condoned?

Why would he use the word “exploitable” if what we are discussing is not actually an exploit?

17 Likes

Very happy to hear this, the complaining felt a little much. However, the small number of folks who have exploited this and the raid experience bug have put a shadow on an otherwise pretty fun start to Classic.

It would be nice to see this get addressed.

From a legacy gamer standpoint (I’ve played MMOs since the late 90s), even small numbers of players exploiting known bugs can ruin the fun for a chunk of the population. Also, my experience from beta testing MMOs for the last 20 years is that “known internet personalities” (streamers), and high profile guilds are poor testers and tend to keep bugs that will benefit them to themselves. The beta test for Classic made this “classic” mistake in focusing on their involvement over effective bug detection and testing.

The hype train is needed, but so is a solid gaming experience. For the most part Classic has been amazing, but something to keep in mind in the future.

7 Likes

Arcane Crystals*

1 Like

Who would be crying and why, exactly?

All the ones screaming to turn off layering right now posts.

4 Likes

Cool. Glad I was skeptical and not in an uproar over something blown out of proportion.

1 Like

Confirmed exploit. Repercussions?

17 Likes

If what Blizz says is true and people aren’t stockpiling these resources then obviously that’s good.

Cool - They confirmed that the use of Layering to cheat respawn timers is considered exploitation.

I guess the only thing left to do is wait for their hotfix to keep it from happening.

4 Likes

From a developer themselves.

Glad to hear that it’s being monitored.

I won’t lie. That post with the screenshot pissed me off,so glad to know that’s not actually happening.

1 Like

Thank you.

9 Likes