Layer-Hoppers believe they have a green light to Exploit

proved to not be a game breaking exploit by blizzard but keep on being ignorant friend

2 Likes

Blizzard would have to ban streamers who exploited this, and these streamers bring millions of dollars of free advertising.

Sorry, but my personal interpretation of Blizzard’s words are “We fully wanted the streamers and other big names to exploit the hell out of this to keep the status quo. Once that is died down a bit, we’ll actually do something about it to keep the masses from taking advantage, too.”

3 Likes

it’s already too late, the damage has been done.

That sounds like they consider it to be an exploit to me.

Umm… Did ya read what ya posted lol

They haven’t labeled it as an exploit to layer hop. I feel like, as with many things, it’s only considered an exploit after a certain point. If you find a way to exploit layer hoping to trigger instant resource respawning and do that repeatedly, that’s taking it to an extreme as opposed to a person changing layers for the next loop of their herbing route.

Until Blizzard outright says “intentionally hopping layers is considered an actionable exploit” I think the use of layer swapping will continue, and I think that’s Blizzard’s fault. They know it is occurring, they knew it would beforehand, and it is still the route they chose to implement. It’s a fair use of game mechanics until they state otherwise.

Of course he didn’t, that would require an IQ higher than a gnat.

1 Like

Why are you so salty

I don’t really think you can stop ppl from exploiting anymore, once the videos hit streams and video then the majority of people that watch how it’s done try to copy it.

It’s just a shame this kind of thing would translate over to classic, honestly I didn’t really think people would take it serious enough to feel the need to use exploitive tactics considering how archaic it is.

Bad behavior is popular and it effects us all.

“Further restrain” as in it’s already restrained.

the rest of the blue post stated that the ecoomy is safe. The only real issues i assume they are talking about are the world pvp dissapearing and the leveling shown by jokerxd and other streamers.

Nothing game breaking.

they mentioned most servers have 1-9 total layers with most being on the low end.

I posted a link. read the rest of it by actually clicking it.

Or you could…you know… click the link and read it all not just the first paragraph thats shown.

If my IQ is is lower than a Gnat you must be a inanimate pebble.

thgis has nothing to do with this post but how do i display my classic character for my profile? lol also layering needs to go…tired of seeing inv to layer in world and general chats

Upper right of the screen where your current character profile picture is.

Click the picture.

At the bottom there should be an option to Change character. It will show all your linked classic and retail characters.

If your classic character isn’t there i suspect it’s because they probably update it weekly. cause i’m like level 24 now and mine still shows level 18 and prior to that it didnt show my character so I think it updates once a week.

You are arguing 2 different things. They basically said it is an exploit. They also said its not going to hurt the economy. The fact that it doesnt hurt the economy doesnt make the first part not an exploit.

I agree with the part about it being an overreaction. But to state that they dont consider it an exploit, which they clearly do, is wrong.

If you log out of the forums and log back in, it will update your avatar. I believe your classic character has to be at east lvl 10 for it to appear in the list as well.

I guess I am talking about everyone overreacting in the other topics saying it’s ruining the economy.

the leveling thing was know since Beta and blizzard flat out didn’t care about it.

Who cares if someone levels fast and ruins their experience…

As far as “exploits” go layering is pretty far down the list.

So sure. it’s technically a small exploit with leveling and pvp. to pull it off you need a lot of people though, hence the streamers doing it because thye have tons of followers.

anyone not that popular though more than likely isn’t going to abuse it in any game breaking way.

Agreed, i dont think its that big of a deal either. If it doesnt effect me, im not overly concerned about it.

I agree that it’s not game breaking, that’s not what you said. You said it was proven to not be an exploit when what Blizzard said (and what you quoted) clearly showed that they do view it as an exploit. An exploit is still an exploit even if it doesn’t cause serious harm to the server. Arguably most exploits aren’t going to significantly affect the game.

My only response to those who ignorantly claimed layer-hopping was intended (it was not ) and who are now claiming the Classic Wow Development Team endorses:

The ability to teleport and jump to different layers using a 3rd-party addon specifically designed to scan layers and avoid previously visited layers in order to farm rare nodes/spawn points is:

You are delusional about what is now deemed by Blizzard as an exploit, which they are working on to prevent. But please, go ahead and continue to exploit Classic using your exploit and get your rare nodes. The majority of the Classic Community is loading up their salt-shakers.