Lawsuit Timeline Summary + Lore articles

Kotick is getting hate from all fronts at this point, it seems.

6 Likes

Coca Cola > Pepsi

Having said that, it feels a bit opportunistic, as Mt Dew is a Pepsi derivative, and Mt Dew had a Warcraft tie in.

I mean, I love Coca Cola, and I loathe Pepsi, and Coke would be on the right side…

But the sheer humor of the “Soda Wars” opening a Warfront in this “Gamer Scandal”… it is kind of funny.

3 Likes

Reminder coca cola murdered multiple tribes in Colombia for their land back when they used coca leaf in their soda with assistance from the US government

12 Likes

But Pepsi is so gross…

A whiskey and coke is just miles ahead of a whiskey and pepsi. I remember I ordered a whiskey and coke once, and was offered a whiskey and pepsi, instead. I was so aghast, my monocle dropped its cigarette.

(this was years ago, before my monocle quit smoking)

6 Likes

You had a Monocle?..

you didn’t?

You’re not a monocle?

5 Likes

Ugh this lawsuit is becoming too “gaming culture” at this point.

Oh no! Not the Mountain Dew and Energy Drink sponsorships for esports! They must be protected at all costs! /s

1 Like

RE: EEOC v. ATVI
DFEH intervention hearing is set for December 13, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.

5 Likes

Yay, greed.

10 Likes

oof, it gets better.

6 Likes

That’s funny because it’s ultimately meaningless. Most of the nominees for the VGAs usually aren’t there. There are so many awards that are given in a way that the category is mentioned off handedly and Geoff just goes, “Hey you won the award for sound design, congratulations, now onto the best esports coach”. I know the Oscars are considered a joke these days but even they give more significance to their “lesser” awards. This would matter more if they didn’t allow ActiBlizz games to be nominees, but the greedy Canadian is being paid lots of money to give Call Of Duty Vanguard a lot of awards, and there will probably be an Overwatch 2 trailer also.

Edit: I made this post as a first reaction to the news, and after learning some more about the situation I still have the same sentiment but the last sentence is inaccurate to what’s happening. Call Of Duty Vanguard, to my knowledge, has only been nominated for Best Esports Game (which it probably doesn’t deserve) and Best Ongoing Game for Warzone. There probably won’t be an Overwatch 2 trailer. I do think that Geoff Keighley has taken bribes in the past to give games awards though, since there have been instances of games getting an abundance of awards despite them having mass dislike from players. The VGAs are garbage and are a circus catering to corporations and the elites who are a part of their corporate class instead of being for fans and the customers.

2 Likes

If I were Activision, I’d hire Sacheen Littlefeather to attend, and decline any awards, as penance.

Flanked by Tauren Warbrave Cosplayers.

The crowd booing at first is a bit sad, to me. She was pretty calm up there. I think that took guts.

2 Likes

Unrelated to Activision, but there’s been a recent happening involving another gaming exec.

1 Like

I don’t think it ever reached that level at Blizzard. I hope not.

2 Likes

The irony of it is…the people over at Sony blasted Blizz for what they did without cleaning up their own mess.

Y’all know the saying about glass houses and casting the first stone. Seems fitting :wolf:

4 Likes

To be fair, Sony had no way of knowing about this until it happened, and he was immediately fired when they learned about the situation. Activision/Blizzard has known about their problem people for years and it’s taken them this long to start fixing it.

3 Likes

A dozen QA workers at Raven Software were laid off, and a walkout is planned.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/12/6/22820549/activision-blizzard-raven-software-layoffs-walkout-call-of-duty

3 Likes

She got absolutely blacklisted by Hollywood after this it’s a shame really, she was a powerful activist.

5 Likes

A bit of a silver lining, when the news about the layoffs broke on Twitter a few days back there were quite a few other game studios that stepped up to offer them a place to land on their feet.

9 Likes