Lawsuit Timeline Summary + Lore articles

Flowers have a sex/gender. Trees are mostly male. Only 3% of trees are female. But this is not a reliable study as it was paid for by the makers of Reactin, the allergy drug, and suprisingly contains a lot of gender bias.

3 Likes

Well this is fun, apperently Playstation is now getting hit with their own gender discrimination lawsuit. Glass houses and all that.

I do think AAA gaming as a whole has probably needed a shakeup for a while so who knows, maybe activision was just the canary in a very toxic mine.

9 Likes

Why? As long as there’s a lore reason, does it matter if one race is male or female only? I think guild wars has an androgynous race, or was that Wildstar?

Oh sure that’s fine but in the case of the Big Cat Boys, there are canon women and art exists of them

They just didn’t make the models

And given the influx of players and cash thereby, they prolly will now

A nonbinary or intersex playable race could easily exist to be sure.

But neither WoW nor FF14 have that at the moment.

1 Like

You are talking about cat boys and Akiyass isn’t here to enjoy it.

The canon reason we haven’t seen any male Viera (the bunnypeople) in FF yet is because that society is both reclusive and overwhelmingly matriarchal and all the men are kept barefoot in the kitchen.

Bold inversion of standard misogynist gender tropes or thinly veiled fetish fuel? You decide

1 Like

“In addition, the Company is working to add a new, diverse director to the Board.”

When I read that, I thought “How can one person be diverse?”

5 Likes

Just one? That sounds like
:sparkles: tokenism :sparkles:

9 Likes

I admittedly squeeled at the mention of cute cat boys, not gonna lie :wolf:

2 Likes

I mean, look what happens to the token Amazonian culture in WoW all the time.

4 Likes

Suddenly the Tokenar, Master of All Four Discourses (Ethnoracial, G/S, Class, and Ability), was appointed to the Board

5 Likes

New Hoeg Law video on the committee statement

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/news/3774375-l1-capital-international-buys-activision-after-recent-scandal-inspired-sell-off

The title is misleading, because they didn’t buy the entire company.

They just bought up liquidated shares. They only have a stake in the company, it doesn’t say if they are majority shareholders now but I doubt it.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s misleading, but I fell for it at first. People were using this to drum up false hope.

4 Likes

I was hopeful about thier faith in Blizzard entertainment and Wow as a “profitable” franchise. But they could have been talking about Call of Duty.

I wouldn’t rule out hope just yet. They did say part of the reason they bought up shares was to actively pursue a better quality of workplace. So they may actually pressure Kotick to resign. They have the monitary leverage they need.

3 Likes

I am sort of fascinated in a horrified sort of way at how tenaciously Kotick is clinging onto power in Blizzard.

It’s like

but the ground is mud.

8 Likes

If I were a betting woman, I’d bet we get news of Bobby’s resignation in the next two weeks. The pressure will be on him now to take a big severance and resign with a sliver of his diginity.

5 Likes

Please bring back TCG stuff and removed content, L1 Capital. Thank you. Also, fix PvP gearing.

2 Likes

RE: EEOC v. ATVI
Court removed the intervention motion argument from the schedule, no resolution of it Monday it seems. It’s to be rescheduled.

RE: DFEH v. ATVI
They’re both posturing for the status conference.

RE: Investor stuff
No change in controlling interest from what I understand, just an investor note saying they think it’s worth having some of, while increasing their shares some.
My memory of the last couple investor reports is that Warcraft is basically holding Blizzard up right now. Remove it and there isn’t enough there from that point of view (investor).

3 Likes