Launcher Downloading Huge Amount

Hey there Rut,

We are working on figuring this out. If you or anyone else wants to help, read my post above.

We hope to have more news soon!

/Nathardrick

your file has been sent 6.22.19 11:31am cst

Hey there Rut,

Thanks for getting us that file. I sent it over to the engineers now. :slight_smile:

/Nathardrick

Would this explain why I have 125gb free on my SSD and when i go to install a fresh install of WoW onto it, it ends up using all of that?

Cocolata,

That’d be a different error. You’ll want to create your own thread for that one. For the rest of you, we have pushed an update for the Battle.net update agent which may fix this. It should be automatically installed now. Please send us additional logs if you find that you are still having this problem.

Nathardrick,
Any word on whats going on with the goblin tool i sent you???
btw…patch day 24hrs away

Update! We have identified the issue and working on a permanent resolution for those experiencing the download issue. In the mean time, please continue to update Agent as this should help resolve the issue.

If you are still experiencing the issue after the Blizzard Update Agent, please send us additional Log Goblin to TechInfo@blizzard.com with the subject “WoW Install Problem - Agent Update” .

This inbox is not monitored and will not send responses. It’s used to collect information for Customer Support to assist in troubleshooting.

unable to finish downloading patch. and loses all internet access . I get it back with a restart to computer, but when I restart the battlenet launcher, it freezes up with 99.47 mb. help.

This sounds like a different issue than the game reinstalling itself issue presented here, Heizmoo. It’s likely an issue with the system/local network or a bandwidth issue. Would you be able to a new thread or contact us directly? It may help to try a New Admin account to reset a few network settings and features and if there’s a separate modem, bypass the router.

I’m having a similar issue, and have had in the past, but in the past when I didn’t play for 2 yrs, I expected a big update. This time however, I only haven’t been playing for 3 days. 3 days is not long enough for a 10 Giga download. I do not have BFA, I don’t have Beta, don’t have Classic. I have nothing but the regular retail game capped at Legion expansion. I have done the same steps everyone else has, and still having problems. Scan and Repair not helping either.

1 Like

Hi there Leopoldanna,

On Tuesday we had a large patch that updated the game for everyone.

The game content is gated by upgrade players can purchase, the data for the game is always updated for everyone when it is done. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused and hope this clears it up.

/Nathardrick

I decided to download classic for the fun of it. Once I did I noticed that retail started an update and it shows over 50 gigs remaining. The new folder structure change deleted my retail folder. I verified my bliz directory is now under 10 gigs for both versions of WoW.

I read all the info above. I was playing 8.2 without any issues prior to downloading classic. Tried all the methods mentioned above to no avail. I emailed the log files to TechInfo@blizzard.com. Until this is resolved I cannot play.

I have a screenshot of my launcher and 57gig download it’s trying to do. Added this to the email.

just to make sure - you’re trying to put classic and retail into the same world of warcraft folder, yes?

Happened again today… really really frustrating.

This is the 4th time now the game has completely re-downloaded 57GB and re-installed.

How can there still be something like this happening?

For those who are still having the problem and who installed the Classic beta, does uninstalling the Classic Beta fix the problem for you? The developers are still investigating why this is happening, but we suspect the error is with the extra data. This isn’t our long term fix, but may work around the issue for now.

Not for me.

1 Like

This just happened to me (downloading 57GB) immediately after playing the Classic stress test. I’m on a Mac (OS 10.13.6). Classic had been installed on my machine for a while, but that was the first time I played it. Just tried uninstalling it and running a scan and repair on BfA, and it didn’t fix the problem. Has anyone successfully navigated this issue without having to redownload the whole game?

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: You put WowClassic.exe in the retail folder in the last update