Launcher Downloading Huge Amount

I’m a huge fan of the launcher not being capable of handling the creating of proper file paths for itself to read

2 Likes

So today I started up Battle dot net only to see that there is 53gb update waiting to be downloaded for World of Warcraft. What in the world is in this latest update that’s that friggin’ huge?!

I got this as well

its not an update the game just deleted itself

and its redownloading

2 Likes

Any idea why it would do that?

Marilely, Hatchmarket,

It’s more likely that the Blizzard Launcher doesn’t recognize your game files. This can sometimes happen.

The install/patching process you then see will look for game files in the game folder and use any it’s able to identify. It’s more of a scan and repair than an actual reinstall. It will still look like it’s installing the full game, but it won’t download any files it finds already present so the process will take less time than a full reinstall.

The repair will still take a decent amount of time though. I do recommend letting it finish to resolve the issue as well.

Hey there friends,

I have merged a few thread in to this one. These issues all seem related. We are looking in to this and tracking the problem. To help us we would like to grab some files. This will help us fix this going forward. I would like to have you run our log goblin tool.

After that is done, email that file to TechInfo@blizzard.com with the subject “WoW install problem”.

Thanks for taking the time to report this and we hope we can fine the cause of this soon!

/Nathardrick

I’m having a similar issue. I just opened the bnet launcher.

1. It made me log in even though I have it set to keep me logged in
  2. once logged in it scanned for my installed games and only found 1. I had to manually direct it to all the other games.
  3. Launcher will not recognize the folder that WoW is installed to. I can manually launch the game from the folder that it is installed to, but the launcher app for whatever reason refuses to acknowledge that the game is in fact installed to that directory.

What is happening with this launcher!?!

1 Like

Mine, again, keeps downloading game data. I don’t want to be charged by my ISP because your game downloads are eating my data.

Tuesday 6.18.19 in the evening, I was having the same issues as everyone else.
Game started like a new game, add-ons missing, game loads really slow etc…
Then I tried launching the game via: Twitch. And WoW the game loaded alot quicker and all my addons are there and game ran alot smoother.
Can Blizzard figure this one out?

Hey there Rut,

We are working on figuring this out. If you or anyone else wants to help, read my post above.

We hope to have more news soon!

/Nathardrick

your file has been sent 6.22.19 11:31am cst

Hey there Rut,

Thanks for getting us that file. I sent it over to the engineers now. :slight_smile:

/Nathardrick

Would this explain why I have 125gb free on my SSD and when i go to install a fresh install of WoW onto it, it ends up using all of that?

Cocolata,

That’d be a different error. You’ll want to create your own thread for that one. For the rest of you, we have pushed an update for the Battle.net update agent which may fix this. It should be automatically installed now. Please send us additional logs if you find that you are still having this problem.

Nathardrick,
Any word on whats going on with the goblin tool i sent you???
btw…patch day 24hrs away

Update! We have identified the issue and working on a permanent resolution for those experiencing the download issue. In the mean time, please continue to update Agent as this should help resolve the issue.

If you are still experiencing the issue after the Blizzard Update Agent, please send us additional Log Goblin to TechInfo@blizzard.com with the subject “WoW Install Problem - Agent Update” .

This inbox is not monitored and will not send responses. It’s used to collect information for Customer Support to assist in troubleshooting.

unable to finish downloading patch. and loses all internet access . I get it back with a restart to computer, but when I restart the battlenet launcher, it freezes up with 99.47 mb. help.

This sounds like a different issue than the game reinstalling itself issue presented here, Heizmoo. It’s likely an issue with the system/local network or a bandwidth issue. Would you be able to a new thread or contact us directly? It may help to try a New Admin account to reset a few network settings and features and if there’s a separate modem, bypass the router.

I’m having a similar issue, and have had in the past, but in the past when I didn’t play for 2 yrs, I expected a big update. This time however, I only haven’t been playing for 3 days. 3 days is not long enough for a 10 Giga download. I do not have BFA, I don’t have Beta, don’t have Classic. I have nothing but the regular retail game capped at Legion expansion. I have done the same steps everyone else has, and still having problems. Scan and Repair not helping either.

1 Like

Hi there Leopoldanna,

On Tuesday we had a large patch that updated the game for everyone.

The game content is gated by upgrade players can purchase, the data for the game is always updated for everyone when it is done. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused and hope this clears it up.

/Nathardrick