Launcher constantly "updating", but never actually downloads anything

Been noticing that the launcher keeps trying to update and then does nothing. It starts off with the usual “has started an update”, “initializing”, 'checking residency", and then when it loads the download bar, it flashes red for a few seconds and then turns green saying that the game is ready to play. Every once in a while it’ll download a patch manifest, but it’s only about 1.3megs in size.

I can even “force” an update by making it check for updates under the options dropdown menu and it’ll run through all those same things again.

It has been doing it for both WoW and Classic.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Hey there Jeolene,

Thanks for reaching out! So long as you’re able to launch and play the game as normal, this behavior is likely related to local corrupted or damaged Battle.net files. Try deleting the Battle.net and cache folders to resolve this.

1 Like

Unfortunately neither of those solutions worked. It still wants to try to update both WoW and Classic. It’s not a huge deal, just kinda odd. The plus side is that it only does it when the game isn’t running, so it’s not interrupting anything with unnecessary latency and it’s only about a ten second wait when it does it.

The only change I DID notice is that it’s not longer downloading the 1.3meg patch manifest, so maybe I’m on the right track.

One of these days I’ll try uninstalling the entire launcher and deleting the cache files and see if that helps, just not today.

4 posts were split to a new topic: [Main Thread] - WOW constantly updating but not installing anything