Latest battle.net agent update is somehow worse

As of todays Agent process update, battle.net now truly is useless on macOS. Agent just hangs trying to perform any patching, regardless of permissions. I even tried giving it developer tools/root access and it still hangs. Before it was riddled with permission issues, but now it’s just flat broken.

1 Like

More testing, it does eventually unhang, but can take up to 30 minutes. it’s still a clear regression, don’t know what Agent.8668 changed but Agent.8656 ran better

If only we could blacklist apps and prevent them from launching. Or be like Steam where a developer could specify a “beta” branch that actually lets you use an older version of the game like Witcher 3 and Stardew Valley do.

:woman_shrugging:

it’s mind boggling why battle.net is still in such sad shape. it doesn’t even have a valid code signature, which explains why it needs permission hacks to work correctly, cause macOS would be restricting it otherwise.

1 Like

Not the battle.net agent , for me, but I’m pulling down the latest update at a whopping 6.55 kb/s. I’m afraid it’s going to melt my ethernet cables. Seriously what gives?