Lag on Multiple Servers

I am not the only one who is experiencing lag. I am on EarthenRing Server with a COX ISP & have tried for 2 days to do anything in BfA with a very slow response ie…spellcasting, melee, looting & obtaining quests or turn ins. This is CRAZY! I know others agree that something is going on.

I have power cycled my modem done all the to-do lists that are suggested. PLEASE fix this! I think an Emergency maintenance is required for blizzard servers. :grimacing:

1 Like

What is your latency for home and world? If home latency is high, there is some type of issue with your ISP, likely. If it’s world, its more likely to be server side. Are you on a high population server? Because if there are tons of people doing things in the zones you are attempting to do things in, it’s likely to be a cause of the lag. I know every time the Alliance raids us or vice versa on my server, the world latency starts getting pretty high.

Home is 42ms
Worlds is 43ms
123 FPS
Not on a high pop server. EarthenRing is stated a low pop.
Disabled all addons didn’t fix it. I don’t know how to post the stats from suggested sites to show ping, traceroute etc.

I logged off because i just can’t play.

When a blue poster sees this, they may be able to help better with that.

Some other things you can try, however, are checking to see if you have triple buffering enabled, and if your network is optimized for speed via in game options.

1. Go to System Settings in-game
  2. Click on the Advanced tab
  3. If Triple Buffering (the first option) is set as enabled, try disabling.
  4. Go to the Network tab
  5. If first option (Optimize Network for Speed) us unmarked, and you are the only individual in your house using the internet, try to check that box as well. It allows WoW to use more bandwidth, which can cause problems for others in the house if your ISP has a fairly low bandwidth usage.
2 Likes

I am having the same issues right now. On Thrall.

My latency is 33ms home and 24 ms world. BUT for some reason there’s a huge in game lag… wasnt like this 30 mins ago

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check settings. Appreciate the feedback.

Have a look here Ability/Loot Lag on North American Servers Despite Normal Latency - #523 by Osto-maelstrom

1 Like

I was experiencing the exact same issue - Thrall US, horde side. I went to Org and turned warmode on (based on a suggestion from the linked thread above) and the lag went away.

Seems to be a sharding issue. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue as the OP. I’ll try the war mode thing but I hope I don’t have to play in pvp mode just to play the game.

Well it went away. Not sure why cause it lasted a couple days. Reading the previous post in this thread I turned triple buffering off about 10 minutes ago. Was headed back to the portals in Zandalor to port to Orgrimmar and decided turn the thriple buffering back on and poof the problem went away .

Having the same issue on Stormrage. 29ms home 31 world, 100 fps