Lady Liadrin, Queen of Quel'Thalas

Just in case anyone is thinking that the kingdom is inching towards democracy, the Mind Control Magisters are still very much in force.

2 Likes

Quel’thalas is basically a junta or a military dictatorship nowadays. Lor’themar even holds more power over his people than any king or queen before him.

It appears to be stable.

I would assume of Lor’themar died, Halduron would be the one to take over as the next highest ranking military official in QT, and would follow down. I say this because when Lor’themar left Silvermoon during one of the short stories, Halduron was left in charge, not Rommath.

5 Likes

Having Mind Control Magisters at your beck and call keeps it that way.

This is not quite true. Power is spread between the Farstriders, the Bloodknights, and the Magisters. Lor’themar only holds as much power as those three factions permit him to; his job is more of a mediator and council head with some degree of veto powers.

This is a bit disingenuous; as far as we know they ceased doing that after Lor’themar took over. In theory the people are pretty well settled and much of Silvermoon should be rebuilt with a stable power supply and over a decade. It is hard to say, though, as Quel’thalas is still in its BC era time bubble.

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound right. Pretty sure Lor’themar has granted authority over those three groups. Hence his ability to order them around.

Mind Control Magisters are rather handy for that purpose.

I think that magisters mind controlling certain members of Thalassian society that threaten to destabilize Quel’thalas (for example, hyping up a crowd to start a riot/march through the streets of Silvermoon) is something that probably still happens every once in a while.

However, I disagree with the idea that you seem to be implying, that he has Halduron and Rommath mind controlled to have complete control over the Thalassian state. Besides the fact that they’re basically the closest thing he has to friends, he’s not an emotionless dictator who has people removed from his inner circle or mind wiped whenever they disagree with him. He’s had arguments and disagreements with both several times and they still retain their free will and aren’t just puppets.

Just this expansion, Rommath was firmly against Alleria being allowed access to the Sunwell. Lor’themar overrules him because he’s Regent Lord, but Rommath makes his opinion known without fear of being mind controlled back in line.

4 Likes

They cant bring back the monarcy as then everyone between the throne and sylvanas windrunner would come down with a sudden case of death as would ant critics

That’s not true, Lor’themar blanatly overrulled Rommath in regards to sending blood elves to Northrend. If Rommath had the power to deny the Kirin Tor his magisters, you betcha he would’ve, but he didn’t, so Lor’themar can overrule them.

Also, Blood Knights work for the Magisters, they are not their own department. Rommath is technically Liadrin’s boss. After Lor’themar over ruled Rommath, he ordered him to summon Blood Knights to go to Northrend. Halduron also have some authority over Blood Knights, as the Blood Knight in charge of the blood elf forces during Theramore’s fall was stated to be Halduron’s soldier.

2 Likes

True facts, but I wonder if that situation has changed. The Blood Knights are very prominent in WoD and Legion, and Liadrin seems to have been promoted to a prominent leadership role. She is clearly solely in charge, at least in the field, in those campaigns.

She may still be lower in the chain of command, the immediate leader of the Blood Knights and acts as field commander but the entire organization is just part of the military under the command of the three to varying degrees among them.

2 Likes

I feel like if they ever bother revisiting Silvermoon’s political hierarchy, Liadrin/Halduron/Rommath will all be presented as equals.

Even if that was true, I don’t think Blood elves value being on the frontlines as a trait needed in a leader. They aren’t like orcs or tauren where that’s strongly valued.

But anywho Halduron and Rommath have served as front line combatants before. Rommath was our leader during the Purge of Dalaran, fighting the Silver Covenant. Halduron served during the Zandalari uprising in Zul’aman and fought on the frontlines of the Third Invasion as a Champion like Liadrin did. They both also served as field commanders during the Isle of Thunder campaign.

Possible. She stood with the other leaders of the blood elves during the heritage. It wouldn’t surprise me.

I’m terrible at reading sarcasm or whatever on the internet, so I may have misunder stood.

But we actually do know who the most powerful member of the Horde is, it’s Sylvanas according to A Good War.

3 Likes

Or Thrall, if he gets his mojo back.

And rejoins the Horde.

Okay, Sylvanas.

Thrall definitely was the most powerful member before he killed Garrosh, but after having his crisis of faith, not so much.

He could reclaim that spot though. He got that powerful once, he could attain that again.

But since she’s the subject of the thread, I’m not sure where I’d put Liadrin. Probably close to, but not quite at, Turalyon level. A strong second tier paladin.

Amongst Horde characters, she’s probably comparable to characters such as Nathanos, Rokhan, and Rommath.

One character we haven’t discussed is Talanji, who seems to have some serious juice. She might be comparable to Anduin.

1 Like

We don’t need Lady Liadrin to be Queen of Quel’thalas, but her and Lorthamar finally admitting they have feelings for one another and getting into a relationship would be nice.

Not to mention it would be great to have a prominent female from Qeul’thalas not run off to marry/date a human. Even our former Prince fell for the human potential trap, even if she chose monster instead of him.

5 Likes

I agree. It is a small and very petty detail, but it is true. 4 of the most prominent children of Silvermoon fell in love with another race. The 3 Windrunner sisters and their Prince. Their Prince was even rebuffed!

The story makes it seems as if all Anduin need do is send some naked Humans into Quelthalas, and it would become The Kingdom of the Half Elves within a generation.

It would be good to have Lorthemar and Liadrin marry, have kids, and rule Quelthalas. To have a Blood Elf relationship on the level of M+T for the Night Elves and T+A for the Orcs. It almost seems like the only reason Thalassian Elves mate with each other is laziness. The moment they move their lazy rumps enough to leave their land, they fall in love with any other race they encounter.

I see many folks like to “ship” Lorthemar and Thalyssra … she is nice and all, but I think that feeds into the idea that Blood Elves find each other undesirable mates.

Perhaps Queen Liadrin won’t fly. But I am down for her marrying Lorthemar and becoming first lady, while maintaining her current position in the Sindorei hierarchy.

4 Likes

I want the old Blood Knights back.

Blood Elves… no crippling magic addiction that could destroy them, no destroyed Sunwell(for long), Light worship revived, not refugees anymore… no Kael’thas even.

“How do you want your Blood Elf? Like Warcraft III?”
“Nah, just make them an Alliance race then flag it as Horde”.

2 Likes

Gotta be honest, I doubt Liadrin could win at all.

A Good War painted Sylvanas as being the only member of the Horde who could possibly fight either Tyrande or Malfurion (though not both at the same time). In fact, her primary duty in the entire War of Thorns was to hunt either of them down if they were involved. If Liadrin was near that level, I would presume they would at least mention her.

4 Likes