Lady Liadrin, Queen of Quel'Thalas

Pretty sure you just want Liadrin to be their leader 'coz she’s your favourite character. That’s fine, of course. But then you have to realise that 1) she is a paladin who only really knows about paladin and the affairs of the light, and nothing about anything else. Sure, she could learn, but if there was any kind of new head of state to be implemented, literally any other major blood elf is better suited and, most importantly, far more qualified than her.

It would also be pretty terrible for the lore if she was made the new leader. Yet another light-aligned personage to dominate affairs - not to mention that a leader of the horde that is a devout follower of the light would not do well in horde meetings. Hell, any kind of majorly religious leader would not. The alliance is different, as they’re all lightlads.

6 Likes

Silvermoon could use some dumbocracy.

Her reprimanding of Trollbane about land rights intrigues me.

In the Arathi Warfront, she says :

“End this farce, Danath. The Trollbane’s claim on this land expired years ago.”

It makes me wonder if she will be some paragon of judicial supremacy and law giving.

2 Likes

Obviously. No country has ever functioned without a hereditary monarchy.

1 Like

Silvermoon’s monarchy was more like a council than a true monarchy the conclave of silvermoon made decisions and the sunstrider family was more like the council head. We essentially have the same government now with the council consisting of the blood knights, the farstriders, and the magisters with loth at the head. There is literally no reason to crown a new king/queen .

Good post! The above though, regarding “tough enough stuff to be equal to a legend like Anasterian:” haven’t we seen enough conflict and war in the ~12 years (canonically) Of wow to have a character like Liadrin or Lor’themar be considered as mighty as Anasterian?

With the undead scourge, the cataclysm, the iron horde, and the third legion invasion, it seems like there’s been a lot of room to grow and prove themselves. Anasterian - among troll conflicts I believe - reigned over Quel’thalas during the 1st-3rd wars, though the 1st war didn’t include the northern lands.

I guess what I’m trying to highlight (perhaps ineffectually) is that those legends we hold dear, while deserving of that legendary status, aren’t something that easily eclipse modern WoW heroes. We’ve seen lots of conflict - and traveled to different worlds.

1 Like

Yeah, ironically I think the current head of state has more power than the old one did. The Sunstriders kept a “modicum of political power as the royal house”, but most of the decision-making was apparently made by the Convocation of Silvermoon. Nowadays, Lor’themar has the final word, and the characters he takes counsel from (Halduron, Rommath, Liadrin) are still ultimately his subjects.

But yeah, he clearly doesn’t want to be king, and since the blood elves have deified Anasterian as the “last king of Quel’Thalas” I don’t really see that attitude changing.

3 Likes

Considering that after making that speech he then went on to make a deal with Kil’jaeden and tried to destroy us all, rather undermines its validity.

1 Like

Kael was such an egotistical idiot. Imagine being so narcissistic you would jeopardize the political stability of your near extinct people just to aggrandize your reign.

Or she’s just blatantly biased. Arathi has basically always belonged to Humans. It’s where the first Human kingdom was founded.

By Liadrin’s logic, the Blood Elves have no rights to Quel’thalas.

3 Likes

Basically yeah

If it ain’t broke…

4 Likes

Silver Hand-lite as the monarch of Quel’thalas?

Pass.

3 Likes

I’m starting a group to keep Lor’themar as far away from Thrall when its time for him to pick a new Warchief. Thrall has a bad track record of picking a Warchief that doesn’t end up dead after two expansion.

1 Like

We dont need a potential light zealot as leader be it queen or regent. And shes not always been that paragon of goodness either. Besides if you really read BotH you realize she lost her connection to the light not because of the sunwell but more from self doubt and loss of faith during the battle. No queen for Quel’thalas thank you. Besides Rommath is far more qualified.

2 Likes

isn’t there a Kael Thas heir with in the Alliance? Also Aethas also possible heir?

No, aaand no.

Personally I think them having a council leadership seems to work for them. Although Lor’themar is the the voice of the Kingdom, we can see it’s primarily ruled by three. I think having the descendants of them being the Hierarchy of Silvermoon would work. Kind of like Ironforge’s new ordeal - But elvish, so it’s better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Pardon my ignorance, but what book are you referring to with “BotH?” I’m not savvy with all the acronyms for the books.

Blood of the Highborne. Its part of the Paragons.