Lady Liadrin, Queen of Quel'Thalas

Silvermoon needs a new royal house, because if there is no heir for the leader when they die, there will be chaos again. Lor’themar has stated he has no interest in making him self the new King, so the next best Candidate would be Lady Liadrin. She already has extensive military training and experience. She is of good noble character, and she was heavily involved in restoring the Sunwell, which saved the entire Blood Elf species.

If you think there is any blood elf more worthy than her to lead Silvermoon, Speak your piece.

6 Likes

Silvermoon doesn’t need any more royalty. If anything it is more stable without it.

33 Likes

Wait till Lor’themar gets killed in action or otherwise dies, lets see how stable things are with no clear cut line of succession. The Grand Magister and Ranger General cant just take up the mantle of leadership, especially if they happen to disagree on which one is more worthy to lead.

2 Likes

She doesn’t need to be queen to help lead, beyond that she is a bit of a zealot to be a ruler of anything.

13 Likes

Zealotry for your own people is a positive trait for a king to have.

SIlvermoon does not need royalty, and honestly it would undermine them. A big part of the story of the inception of the Sin’dorei as a movement was the last heir to the Sunstrider dynasty declaring there would be no further kings after the death of Anasterian.

This was the line between the old Quel’dorei and the new Sin’dorei, and I am not sure anyone is so bold as to suggest they are made of tough enough stuff to be equal to a legend like Anasterian.

Anyways leadership of the Sin’dorei is now a council divided between the Farstriders (Halduron), the Blood Knights (Liadrin), and the Magisters (Rommath). Lor’themar serves more like the head of the council with some degree of veto power.

26 Likes

Decree by insane treasonous prince is obviously null and void. Anasterian was a good King, but I dont see how thats a reason that we cant have a new King (or Queen) ever again. Monarchy is usually more efficient and effective than Oligarchy.

Kael’thas was hardly treasonous or insane at the time. In fact it is arguably the last sane decree the prince made before he began his decline. It is in a sense his final legacy, and likely the way his people want to remember him.

The high elves were an oligarchy for a long long time. The Convocation of Silvermoon held a lot of power before the scourge killed them all. The new factional balance is just a re-manifestation of that with the Lord Reagent serving the same leader/veto role the Sunstrider King/Queen did.

5 Likes

Lorthemar does not want to be king. That has been clear. But he makes a statement that seems to be his view beyond just himself.

Lorthemar says: “Never again shall a king reign in Silvermoon.”

I would imagine that extends to Queens and monarchies in general. At least for Silvermoon.

23 Likes

To be fair, he only half heartedly followed that decree. In outland he had himself styled the “Sun King”.

I am aware of the Convocation of Silvermoon, maybe at some time in the future that council could be brought back, if anything having a King/Queen again would be a morale booster for the Blood Elves.

Why would it be a moral boost. It’s a giant step backwards. There are no blood elves clamoring for a return to a monarchy. They have moved on.

Not having a king or queen is one of the better facets to the blood elves. It would be a shame to return to something so generic.

12 Likes

Your argument is fair, but in my opinion a Oligarchy/Despotism is more bland than a Monarchy.

Liadrin has no royal blood. Picking her as a queen would still be an oligarchy. In fact the whole nobility concept is one of oligarchy.

Despots are rulers who weild absolute power. King/Queens are often despotic.

It kinda just seems like you want your waifu to be queen.

13 Likes

Rommath is better. I’m sick of the goody-two shoes Liadrin. Don’t need her light-loving piety stinking up sindorei society any more than it already has.

13 Likes

Lol, thats a fair assessment.

As for the royal blood, she would be starting a new dynasty. The Sunstriders became the royal family because of their heroic leadership after the sundering, well Liadrin can do the same with her leadership and role in restoring the Sunwell.

1 Like

never again will a king reign in quel’thalas

7 Likes

This would require blizz to care about them and they do not.

At this point they only care about humans and orcs. May as well go back to WC1.

4 Likes

Yep well humans orcs and sylvanas for now

I would prefer, instead of a new bloodline, a new system. Where a group is put in charge of electing a new regent should it be required.

1 Like