Lack of tanks

Is because they are the least numerically needed roll in raids.

Dual spec doesn’t really help that much. Making tanks fun to play outside of raids/good at pvp fixes the issue, and that doesn’t happen till maybe wotlk.

3 Likes

making tanks be viable in pvp was one of the worst decisions in wow

12 Likes

Yeah, cause making something fun to play is absolutely horrible, right? Must have been part of why WotLK was considered to be the best expansion ever released, and the most fun for tanks to pvp in. I don’t remember ever struggling to find tanks when they were fun to play both inside and out side of dungeons (re:pvp)

2 Likes

There’s no tank shortage, or lack of fun for the spec in general. There’s a lack of competent DPS that makes it so tanks don’t want to do Heroics for PUGs.

31 Likes

This is probably the closest thing to the truth.

1 Like

for everybody else because they’re unkillable, yeah. it makes for immensely boring pvp gameplay.

i guarantee you they had absolutely nothing to do with each other lol. tanks in arena werent good, they just made games insanely long and torturous. tanks in BGs could be absolutely OP and like smacking your head against a wall. both resulting in non fun gameplay.

there were still very long queues once LFD was introduced, always waiting on tanks for the last spot.

in summary it didnt change PVE at all and made PVP worse.

anyone with a tank OS is contributing to the problem by not switching to tank spec the second they want to do a heroic

i cringe every time I see a holy pal or a dps war looking for tank in LFG

just put on a tank set and tank bro

4 Likes

Besides, PVP gear is very nearly (often it’s outright) BIS for Warrior Tanks throughout TBC. Not like Warrior and Druid Tanks aren’t already encouraged enough to PVP.

DK were so broken at points. I dont remember specifics. Just that they were stupid powerful. Or maybe I was just bad. Prob both.

DKs were broken. there were instances of people making an “IWIN” button (almost every ability macroed to one button that randomly chose one) and still being above average in arena. but most of those werent “tank” builds, they were just obscenely strong in every spec.

dps taking a tank’s head to the wall…golly that is what happening to them now in pvp. You can dish but can’t take.

Let em beat your face for a change

Ah, yes, I forgot the mouth breathers out there can’t stand having to take more then a few seconds to front load an entire health bar from 100% to 0% in a single stun or silence while barking “outplayed nub”. You sure you wouldn’t have more fun playing CoD where headshotting can give you that “BOOM HEADSHOT” feeling?

im sure tanks would love to play in hour long arena games instead of just respeccing.

And what if they don’t like tanking?

big difference between one shotting and literally unkillable.

then don’t cry about lack of tanks? Your class can literally tank. I hate healing but I swap to resto on my shaman when I need to bang out heroics because its 10x easier to find groups. Simple as that

I bet you’re one of the people who yell “just let them cap so we can lose get to the next game”, at which point you should have no problem quitting an arena match to get to the next one.

Blood DKs initially had self healing that scaled with how much damage they did. They’d stack AP and be near invisible while two shotting everyone. Only way to beat them was to two shot them before they could hit you … But then death grip so that wasn’t ever going to happen.

Busted AF. Can’t wait to experience that again…

2 Likes

And there is your agenda …

Death Knight One Button Montage - YouTube

Good stuff

1 Like