Lack of PVP Vendors and Meaningful PVP Rewards

…are why i left retail. Just saying. Classic just has PvP (both system and gear) right.

5 Likes

Haven’t really committed to any PvP this expansion admittedly.

Conquest capping is equivalent to doing your M+10 for the week, you’ll get a random item, but the items for PvP are usually worse and the guaranteed reward for capping is a poor incentive. I know there’s upgrade tokens after getting your rating up, but why bother when I could just run the 10+?

I wouldn’t leave over it, but see why someone would. It’s a big problem if the system doesn’t offer a meaningful milestone, and I miss buying a shiny new piece that -I- get to pick. Points vendors in general would be nice to have again.

2 Likes

You will come back to retail very quickly if your only issues were pvp vendors :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah they have elevated PvE rewards so far above PvP rewards that it just doesnt serve the purposes of PvPers anymore. Mythic+ 10s are a meme and not difficult at all and are head and shoulders above PvP gear which is no incentive to do RBGs at all. Its not worth the time and effort.

At least Classic gives good rewards for time spent in PvP. Which is partly why so many left retail. The gear is more intuative, RNG is less of a factor, you feel rewarded for time spent playing, no mind numbing WQs that never change and PvP Vendors and good rewards.

2 Likes

Conquest incentivizes waiting until later in the expansion so you can grind out more than 500 points per week and the fixed rewards don’t matter as much. That’s a bad state to be in.

Blizzard needs to let go of the control they want to have over what we get and how fast we get it. By and large the “problem” of someone picking a less than ideal item with their tokens is a made up issue and I think it’s something that Blizzard tells themselves to justify their current system. That’s fine, just don’t expect us to believe the same BS.

2 Likes

Wanna bet?

If his only issue is pvp vendors, why come back to retail if they are never coming back?

because he does not have any other issues with retail pvp such as in classes, balance, gameplay e.t.c

No specifics ,see :thinking:

I can say from my point of view, no vendors for bgs and honor killed pvp for me. Some specs I just want to do bgs with, not farm m plus or grind essences to avoid getting one shot.

2 Likes

Not if you like arena.

Classic PvP gearing is very similar to BfA PvP Gearing.

Both require you PvP for a while, and then when you reach a certain cap, you get gear automatically from an NPC. BfA just has a set goal you can work towards at your pace, Classic has decay and forces you to keep PvPing if you don’t want to lose progress.

Conquest has always been throttled. Heck, in WoD, you couldn’t even buy your Conquest weapon until week 3 even if you had the points for it prior.

I don’t get why they are being so stubborn about pvp vendors, or a lot of the decisions that have been wildly unpopular. Takes them a long time to admit certain ideas weren’t good.

I don’t even pvp that often and could find the vendors.

4 Likes

Bfa is absolutely horrible for players who rather focus on pvp. Everything is a mess, the classes, the broken God mode specs untouched for more than a gear, the terrible and borderline inexistent reward structure, etc.

My only guess is that they are trying to funnel pvp players into Ow or Call of Duty.

3 Likes

I dislike the fact that conquest points only give you the piece of gear blizzard wants you to get that weak. I’ve had several weeks where the weekly conquest item was something I already had which is pretty demoralizing.

Arena is a pointless showcase of OP classes in ridiculously OP comps. Its irrelevant.

Every time I load in to a fire mage I just groan. Oh boy, time to babysit someone for the entire match to keep them from spamming the same spell over and over again.

1 Like

I wont be.

I don’t understand why Blizz got rid of resilience. It was a great system for making PvP gear generally better for PvP.

Because of the casual crybabies who were getting farmed in BGs by people who spent the time to gear up.

“ItS nOt FaIr BlIzZaRd!!!11!”