Lack of Human & Alliance Villains

I think it was that and watching Sylvanas slaughter them all, even those who were still loyal to her. It’s something I got to watch family members do back in the 90s when I had my own “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” moment.

1 Like

Arthas says hi.

1 Like

The general idea of an Alliance villain is there a villain who does their villainy while being active in the alliance. Garrosh was more of a Horde Villain then Gul’dan, as despite both technically being villains originating from the horde, in WoW Garrosh did his villainy while he was an active member, while the Gul’dan used in WoW was not.

Plenty of former alliance members betrayed the alliance to join a villainous faction (Though i can’t name any big ones since Cataclysm) but very few are an active member of the alliance. Sylvanas, Gallywix and Garrosh are all integral parts of the horde, and have been made villains to at least part of the playerbase while serving in the horde. They are horde Villains as they are villains that use the horde as a tool for their wickedness. Arthas would be a Scourge villain, Gul’dan a Legion one.

The desire for some truly villainous alliance members is mostly out of a desire to hate something on the alliance other then the institution. While many people would be perfectly willing to fight the alliance because blizzard told them to, many others want an actual reason to fight them. It also can be used as a means for the Alliance to do some morally dubious striking back at the horde, something a lot of alliance players seem to desire, so as long as we don’t force them to follow this Villainous Alliance Member, i think it would be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

3 Likes

Oh I’m not jealous by any stretch. I am not generally interested in seeing the Alliance be turned into villian. BUT if one of our leaders have to end up that way, then I want the same treatment as the Horde and for the Horde to lose as much as we did.

As an fyi, I was never particularly fond of Jaina plans to drown Ogrimmar or to just shoot at un armed orcs just swimming to safety. Having said that I hope at the end of this war the Alliance managed to make sure the Horde never threatens the Alliance and to make those who actually cause this war to pay dearly.

I have already said I really doubt Blizzard will ever even the scales. If that was the case, the factions would be dull and would have no point at all. I certain want what I think is best for the Alliance, as far as I’m concerned that is gonna come at the expense of the Horde. The faction are, and will always be a zero sum game.