Kyrian Command Table unplayable

Why even have a Kyrian command table if it is unplayable to the point that it represents a clear disadvantage for Kyrian covenant members?

I thought the inability to progress companions enough to gain usable rewards (eg soul ash) was present in all covenants, only to find that it is largely a problem only with Kyrian. Seriously, why gimp the command table so hard for one covenant? Do we get super-human pew-pew abilities later on, or is it just poorly designed?

9 Likes

It’s poorly designed. Venthyr table is also trash.

11 Likes

Where you getting stuck. I’m Kyrian and having no issues winning missions. Unless you did a bunch of campaign quests and leveled your missions past what your followers can do then you’re stuck until you level them out of the hole via losing.

4 Likes

Thank you for asking.

I’m trying to complete any special adventure over level 20 with my lvl 27 pelagos, 25 Kieia, 24 Nemea, and my lowly lvl 14 troops. Seriously, I haven’t found a way to progress my troops at all and I’ve failed 3 command table campaign missions. The one i’m currently preparing for is the lvl 25 Campaign: Quiet the Shriekers. Even with my higher level characters I’m 1/2 the health and 1/2 the dps.

You can’t focus on the soul ash/campaign advancement ones. Gotta keep focusing on the xp ones.

1 Like

If your troops are 14 that means you have some low level champs. You will need to bring them up to raise the troop level since the troops are an average of all your champs.

3 Likes

This is by far the most annoying thing about the table.

Earning new level 1 companions can butcher your troops and its ridiculous. Mine were level 36 and then I did torghast this week thst let me save a companion and got the new renown companion. Blam level 33.

It’s absolutely stupid, but with level 14 troops it means you have a lot of low level companions and you need to boost them up so they get back up near your companion levels are at.

3 Likes

That’s a little detail it would have been good to document all over the place. I’ve been banging my head against the wall on this for months. this makes sense. Thank you.

2 Likes

Also positioning means everything. Whomever you have in the top left most spot will get hit first. Exceptions to this are listed under the enemies abilities. Like some enemies will hit the closest adjoining targets some will target the furthest. If you have a bad guy that has an ability that does 200 damage to the enemy furthest from them you don’t what your squishy ranged caster in that spot. The same goes for your guys use your positional attacks to take out high value enemies first.

1 Like

(first off, yes, the kyrian table sucks absolute dongle)

If those are your only champions, you’re missing a lot from torghast. Not twisting corridors, just the regular halls. Champions will randomly show up on the higher layers, and once you do their quest, you can recruit them as table champions. Teliah is really good. So are meatball and Croman from warlords.

1 Like

Yah that coupled with getting a new Companion, and then realizing that the only XP missions you’re going to get are level 24/36. Those level 1 guys don’t have a good time there. New companions starting at level 1 is really bad.

Maldraxxus and night fae got OP tables…other 2 got trash.

I put them in the back row and they never get hit. Also put a tank unit to protect them.

I suspect people are just tossing their champs in randomly and not paying attention to who does what to whom or looking at the enemy abilities for the same. The Kyrian actually have a strong roster but you can’t just brute force things. I actually watched quite a few of the first missions to see how the attacks worked and played out to learn some strategy. It made things so much easier.

2 Likes

Good point, here is a list of my champions. Any idea who I"m missing?:
Pelagos: 27
Kieia: 25
Nemea: 24
Sika: 15
Kythekios: 12
Clora: 11
Mikanikos: 2
apalon: 1

Yah that’s what i do. But even getting the XP quests, getting a level 1 guy up to the rest of the team is a pretty long process. Well, longer and more tedious then it needs to be imo.

1 Like

Yep, when I get new level one companions on the kyrian rogue alt I will bury them in a carry team and use them to farm XP missions. They to up pretty quickly that way.

Work on getting the lower level champions up levels as previously stated. Do lower levels for a while.

i stuck to 4hr missions and 1k/1.2k xp bonus missions for a good week, then started doing the other stuff.

hasn’t been too bad. i still fail a mission here and there while being 1-2 lvls over it, but meh, it’s been mostly fine.

Oh yeah level those guys Mikanikos is a healer and stuns the enemy team. Apolon has a hard hitting range attack you can use to pick off distant targets, Clora cleaves everything in the front row. Clora paired up with Kythenkios will clear the front row in a hurry.

Lemme check. You are currently missing:

Meatball - available to all
Croman the barbarian - available to all
Molako
Teliah - she is good in that she hits hard and heals
Telethakas