Kul Tiran Monk

Good evening all,

I have wanted to roll one for a while but currently struggling to find a reason to justify it RP wise.

Kul Tiran would have been in touch only very recently with monks so how could they pack the years of training it takes to be one ?

Anyone tackled that topic?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

There have been independent Pandaren wandering Azeroth for years, Monks among them; so if you’re wanting your Kul Tiran to be an experienced one that is probably the easiest route.

7 Likes

There were other Kul Tirans in the world outside of their nation. Theramore was a major spot, there were Kul Tiran marines stationed there under Jaina’s leadership. Pirates and freelancers too. And there were also some pandaren around before MoP, like Chen and Li Li.

Plus Kul Tirans are pretty well traveled in general. There’s nothing really keeping them on Kul Tiras. Individuals, like us, could have gone off to who knows where at any time for any reason.

So it’s not crazy to have a Kul Tiran who was affiliated with the Alliance long before all of this or had met a pandaren and received training at some point.

7 Likes

In addition to the above, your character might also have incorporated pandaren style, but that does not mean your character has to be limited by it. They could have been a superb bare-knuckle fighting tar before, and added the pandaren thing recently.

As a practical note - Bruce Lee got a ton out of studying various forms and styles, but he didn’t think any were worth being constrained to. Fighting is ultimately practical, and the last thing you want to be is predictable.

3 Likes

You could totally work the bare knuckle brawler angle. Or get tentacle hands to slap people with, or crab claws. Really the sky is the limit.

Heck you dont even have to learn from pandaren , Brother Karloff taught a number of scarlets martial arts and even the Argents had monks at one point.

2 Likes

Do you want to RP a pandaren-style monk?

Or do you just want to play a monk-class?

You don’t have to be a weeaboo for pandas to play a monk.

But the bare knuckle brawler angle would not be trained to use his chi, and would not have the power of the celestials behind him. Thus, having him fight N’zoth IC would be a stretch as he could not possibly do something harmful to him…

I mean warriors largely use their own muscle to swing magical death dealing implements, I cant see why monks couldnt do the same with fist weapons, or bare fisted with PERFORMANCE ENHANCING OINTMENTS, or using occult items or harnessing the power of other cosmic energies.

Enter Balthazar Fightmaster, the Titan Fist.

Or bending the light to their will like scarlet monks.

Heck the alchemy thing gets cooler, you dont need chi when you know the 5 Deadly Venom Fists. Or the Seething Void Hand.

Heck when my arms warrior punches someone, they often get infected with virulent parasitic coral from nagaland.

The celestials are essentially wild gods, and frankly there are more powerful sources of life magic.

1 Like

My Kul Tiran monk was an orphan adopted and raised by a traveling pandaren who lived in Kul Tiras

WHATS UP THERE SPORTSFANS.

You see, Kul’Tirans are a seafaring folk, and if you ask me, it wouldnt be out of the question for a shipwrecked crew to be rescued (or their ship sunk) by good old Shen Zin Su.

What better way to become a monk than being scooped up by a giant wandering turtle with a monastery on his back?

Whats more, there is also THE TIMELESS ISLE. Its the hyperbolic time chamber of Wow. So if you wanted a 1st war Kul tiran with loads of monk experience, itd be far fetched but doable.

You could also wash up on the mainland, run into a traveling master, OR just have your character be a backcountry wrestling weirdo from westfall whos father was a wrestler hating boxer.

The scarlet crusade even had a guy named Brother Karloff who taught his own knock off system of panadaren martial arts.

The sky is the limit and you arent restricted to pandaren martial arts.