KT Staff Buff Not Working

I am able to buff myself (Capernian warlock tank) with the Staff of Disintegration correctly. However, the buff did not function. It is supposed to make me fully immune to disorientation. I was hit with conflag and fully disoriented, leaving me unable to attack or generate threat on Capernian for the full duration of the conflag. This was happening while the immunity buff was active.

6 Likes

The buff gives you one charge of protection. You may have been hit with toy or silence and the charge consumed (unlikely).

I would suggest out ranging the conflag at around 20+ yards.

1 Like

The buff is straight-up not working, regardless of whether you’re hit by anything else.

Here’s a clip of a tank getting hit by Conflag with the buff up, and the log of everything that happens to them:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DistinctHumbleJalapenoPeteZarollTie-pElof6MgurKh1pQt

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2kxQ7HKF16ZTJNaB#type=summary&source=7&fight=37&view=events&start=7455251&end=7464000

1 Like

Concise info, straight to the point, proof of a bug. This is how you do it.

00:07:54.108 [Rof] gains [Mental Protection Field] from [Kaizel]
00:07:58.495 [Rof] is afflicted by [Conflagration] from [Grand Astromancer Capernian]

BTW what is that buff with an icon that looks like curse of exhaustion?

That other buff is the one from the Cosmic Infuser, reducing Fire and Shadow damage taken.

this is still not fixed

1 Like

Same problem here. Our logs say on half KT fights nobody got the “Mental Protection Field” buff. We have 8 casters equipping the staff in raid. Even if consumed it should still appear in the logs.
I checked logs because I’m also lock tanking and getting disorientated on fights (where the staff didn’t work). The weapons are supposed to make phase 3 manageable.

Come on Blizz, this has got to be one of the most cut-and-dry bugs out there:

If you spam the staff with a macro over and over it fades and applies the aura to you and others so, if you have it macro’d to constantly spam and you’re the only person with the staff you leave very small gaps where things can hit you.

It has worked in my raid every week so far, Personally have been hit by conflag and move around fine.

It can be played around, yes. That doesn’t change the fact that it’s a ridiculous, glaring bug.

there is no bug, dont spam the staff in a macro and tie it to an ability, it takes the aura off you then puts it back on. By thinking you’re clever spamming it you’re making your group vulnerable.

I don’t spam a staff macro.

Based on your log, the shaman is over 60 yards away in the back of the room so any buff he provides won’t work.

The warlock based on the logs you put out there, is 53 yards away from the warrior so their staff will also not work.

The mage in his group is also over 36 yards away, the staff states on it that it is a 30 yard range aura.

I think the only bug here is the laggyness of how often the buffs and debuffs on players update similar to moving in and out of range of totems. The buff is on the warrior but, he is out of range of the players who provide it so the icon probably just isn’t updating correctly.

Kaizel is 26.9 yards away at the time Conflagration is applied. The staff buff is raid-wide, not a party buff (you can very clearly see Kaizel applies the buff to Rof in the log)