KS Stun Duration in SL

Anyone know if the turbo charged combo point ability is going to increase the stun duration of kidney shot?

Kinda wondering if that’s gonna break PvP even though it’d be a lotta fun.

It’s damaging finishers only unless there’s a new build?

Ok thanks. Probably should have looked that up instead of posting

I don’t know if you’ve watched any of the gameplay feedback on it but people find that if you roll a 2, your chances of getting only 2 combo points with the randomness of CP gen is very low. You’ll have to have a weak aura specifically for when it lines up and to press it when it lines up. It sort of devolves into a “see flash, press eviscerate” ability.

Even though it’s clunky, I can see some sub rogues stacking mastery who’ll put out some unreal burst if the stars align.

That makes me very sad to see roll the bones junk still in game, because everyone loves RNG for the sake of RNG.

2 Likes

That is the brilliance of this Covenant ability, all 3 specs have a way of generating one combo point. This means you’ll be using Poisoned Knife, Shuriken Toss or Pistol Shot in your main rotation to guarantee you get the desired Combo Points.

Every single video I see, even ones of prominent youtube figures fail to think about using these abilities and instead complain it’s too hard to get 2 Combo Points, I believe this is the reason Kyrian has a negative stigma around it as they see this popular people say it’s bad when in reality it’s a well designed Covenant that makes you use abilities you would otherwise never press in Single Target.

1 Like

What if poisoned knife crits? Then you have 2 combo points. What if in the same global you shuriken toss, you get a combo point from auto attack? What if you have broadside buff? Then you don’t get 1 combo point, you get 2.

2 Likes

Poisoned Knife crits do not generate two combo points, I just tested it again to double check so this isn’t an issue. Even if it’s changed at some point having it work with Seal Fate would only be a minor inconvenience if you get 1 non-crit then 1 crit, the CD on the Kyrian Covenant gives you a lot of time to get the correct amount of combo points.

With Outlaw and Broadsides you would only need one pistol shot. Shadow Techniques has a consistent enough proc rate that it’s easy to play around to get two combo points. Not sure why you made it sound like these things are a negative when in reality they’re definitely a positive.

1 Like