Kiting Broken?

Did Blizz patch out kiting singular mobs out of packs? made questing much more difficult

1 Like

No, you can still do it. You just have to make sure you keep hitting the target mob while running away from the rest until they go back home. Wait too long between hits, and the mob returns to its place. Take too much time attacking instead of running, and the group attacks you. Have to get in the sweet spot, there.

1 Like

They did patch a fix for ‘some’ linked group mobs. But most are still unleashed as individuals.

1 Like

Thanks for the link Hammis, that explains the issue I have been having. It doesn’t make sense though, as I remember pulling single mobs out of groups in Redridge plenty of times in the past. I don’t think this is very vanilla, even if it is, blizzard has kept in other changes that aren’t vanilla, so I’m not sure why this is where they draw the line

If you wanna see some weird sh, go to Blasted Lands around the Dark Portal or Tainted Scar and try pulling anything. Maybe the Dark Portal mobs are just leashed together, but I body pulled one Felguard and it pulled like 6 mobs from several yards out.

Yes, this is a change from vanilla behavior. This now affects mobs that were kitable during vanilla. The vanilla recommended method for soloing winterfall runners was to root one and kite one of the others until the other two leash back. Now they will all follow you and leash back together.

This change was intended to be a stealth change to make many solo quests unsoloable by changing mechanics to those which were not in vanilla.

2 Likes

Watch the leeway while you kite. I swear i had some mobs smacking my mage 10 yds away while slowed.

I noticed this yesterday as well. Normally if you hit a mob its deengage radius recenters itself to where you hit the mob. Yet I’ve found that you can hit one mob in a pack far from its initial spawn location, and if you keep running away it will reset along with the other mobs despite never damaging them.

Yes… was making it really difficult to do Scarlet Diversions on my warrior. If you count the hunter pets there is no way to avoid 4 pulls now.