Kinda want to level entirely on pet battles

I’ve leveled up a LOT of random alts in weird ways. Right now with Benthic and the new 8.3 BoA stuff, I can get em up to a relatively decent iLevel with a little farming on one of my better geared characters so that’s not a concern.

1 Like

That is a quirky leveling method.

But one i cannot argue against.

why not Misty? =\

ok that works too, you didnt specify male or female =P

1 Like

The gears not concern then yes. Pet battles there are surprisingly more fun than I thought they would be

I’ve been doing this on a couple of alts for years. In my experience, it’s best to also occasionally do some other activities that make the character stronger.

For example, when I reached the point where I wanted to move a pet battler character to Deadwind Pass, to battle Lydia Accoste and the surrounding wild Arcane Eyes every day for a few days, I got killed going into Deadwind Pass.

Which was a matter of my gear being very low level, and some of my best skills being unlearned.

9 Likes

Hrm… yeah. I’ve got pretty much all the standard and guild vendor heirlooms so that shouldn’t be much of an issue.

1 Like

Well, remember that guy who got to max level herbing on the turtle.

5 Likes

There are 5 daily tamers (Westfall, Redridge, Duskwood, Cape of Stranglethorn, and N. Barrens) that can be fought and then turned in on an alt. I’ve done this with a new character stationed in SW with a leveling potion and or leveling buff such as the one from the Faire. The bonuses last for a lot of levels if you’re just logging quickly to turn in 5 quests and then logging off.

The Legion trainers for the Family Fighter achievement can be fought over and over the days they’re a WQ and give full quest xp each time. I’ve leveled a bunch of alts 110-120 doing that.

3 Likes

My priest leveled though Legion and well into BfA levels just picking herbs and mining in her garrison to make bags. I didn’t like what they did with Shadow so that’s all she did. But, I finally leveled her the last few levels with the Korrak event.

I have never leveled a character fully only using pet battles, but I have gotten tons of levels from it.

do wild pet battles give any/much xp?

They can. It depends what level they are versus the level of you and your pets. If you’re roughly on the same level they can give about 70% xp of what a quest at level would give you each time.

1 Like

I think he said he also did pet battles?

He reaches max level every expansion, on that neutral panda.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks. That gives me great hope too. I believe this is how i’m gonna do my first Vulpera. Something about the nomadic scavenger vibe with make camp, etc. Feels “right”. I might add a little bit of herbalism/mining/archeology to the mix just because I feel like it doesn’t detract from the idea of being a nomad wanderin the world and training his little army of beasts.

1 Like

I actually leveled up some of my 110s to 120 this expansion just doing pet battles. You end up with gear issues though.

I can kit em out with benthic / 8.3 catch up gear I get on my primary characters. If I actually went from 1-120 on pet battles, I’d probably just keep going with pet battles when SL comes out.

Yes you can use heirlooms and benthic gear now but at the time I leveled them neither of those were options so I did the crafted gear thing.

1 Like

How would your skills be unlearned? Isn’t everything learned automatically now? Or am I having a moment here?

(Entirely possible…)

I have never done it entirely with pet battles, but definitely hit gaps where I just focus on doing the pet battles and it can end up lasting for several levels here and there.