Killing the wounded

i keep reading “Killing the wounded” the same way Weird Al says “Dare to be stupid”.

2 Likes

Dare to be stupid will forever remind me of Wrekgar and that makes me so happy

3 Likes

I specifically seek out the wounded that alliance players are running towards to kill and despawn their corpse before they can claim them

1 Like

You are living up to your race class combo.

4 Likes

Reminds me of my second favorite quest in Hillsbrad. Now where did I leave my shovel…

3 Likes

I always felt so bad when I accidently ‘freed’ the humans by bashing them over the head with a shovel. Sometimes my brain confuses left and right, okay?! It wasn’t intentional!

1 Like

I take it you haven’t seen the world quest where you kill a field doctor who was healing injured civilians and then you have the option to murder all her patients!

Welcome to Sylvanas’s horde

2 Likes

I don’t take it into consideration because it’s just a quick and easy way to complete a daily I’ve done a hundred times already. About 80-90% of what I do in game bares no IC reflection on my character anyway,

5 Likes

Either ignorant of existing laws & treaties, misinformed, or purposefully evasive. I’m not sure which. A few excerpts:

Geneva Convention of 1864

Nonthing in there about “only if they surrender”

Convention (I) for the Amelioration of the Condition of the Wounded and Sick in Armed Forces in the Field. Geneva, 12 August 1949.

(emphasis added)
Nothing in there about waiting for them to surrender. Someone so injured that they are unconscious, delirious with pain, disoriented by effects of combat, and so on, can’t tell you they are done fighting.

U.S. law (usually referred to as the "War Crimes Act of 1996’’)

This law is in accord with the guidelines established by the UN.

Our characters are put in situations that are morally ambiguous - at best - all the time. On both factions & also where faction doesn’t matter. I don’t know if Blizzard’s intention was to give us a distaste for war, a conviction that it’s a normal part of war, or just lack of insight on their part.

3 Likes

Basically my thought logic.

Jian certainly wouldn’t just execute wounded unarmed soldiers (unless they’re mogu!) but I recognize that it’s just a dumb WQ that comes up and I can knock out in maybe a minute while waiting for one of the elite bosses to spawn for their WQ.

2 Likes

when will blizzard let me dab on the wounded

3 Likes

Considering how hilariously stupid our characters act some times, (OOCLY), I’d be deeply concerned if half of what we do reflects on them.

4 Likes

You know, I actually have fun with these options. The time saved killing wounded soldiers is practically negligable so I often try to match the character.

Altielle is pragmatic and would kill a wounded soldier if it meant survival and victory. However, I always make a point of sparing others on my priestess of Elune.

Mercy. Always mercy.

Remember the Sunwell.
Lok-tar ogar.

1 Like

Same here but that kind of sucks. Kind of wish Blizzard would take into account not every character is going to be doing the same stuff. Ion was even asked about this problem for Horde side players in a recent interview.

Pretty good, actually. I’m still bummed we couldn’t kill vulpera.

1 Like

Let them have this, it’s been a rough year. Do this

:sob: It makes me so sad, now I know how you guys feel!!!

There should be a quest for the Alliance where you can launch wounded Orcs out of a catapult.

It is extremely in-keeping with their character and would add much-needed dramatic tension.

2 Likes

Can we launch them into other Orcs? Like a green, meaty cannonball.

We build forts and fire Orcs at each other. That’s how war works in the future.

4 Likes