Killed Vashj today

In a PUG

It was my 2nd time doing SSC (I’ve tried, but nobody wants Rogues and my guild since day 1 classic disbanded late in T4)

Anyway, if I can do this in a PUG on a class that nobody wants, I think the nerfs are super premature.

I hope I get a chance to see Kael’Thas, or any boss in TK for that matter, before this content gets nerfed to appease the low effort crowd.

11 Likes

Grats on the kill.

2 Likes

Thanks! Was a fun raid / encounter.

I hope I get the opportunity to see TK before the nerfs…

the PUG I signed up for this week went like: raid leader sleeps in → backup RL cancels it → 5 min before start time RL wakes up → fills with a bunch of randoms → wipe on 1st trash pack → wipe again on 1st trash after accidental pull → disband

1 Like

Sometimes pugs have better players than some guilds

1 Like

Ya for the most part it was a really solid group. We had one guy who ran straight on top of a netted strider lol, but most people used their brains and knew what to do and we got Vashj on the 3rd attempt.

Leadership was good also at moving things along at a great pace in order to give us plenty of time for a few attempts.

A lot of times they’re just alts of players who are already 10/10 lol … when we had to pug, when our roster was in bad shape knock on wood we had the pugs telling us how to do it, when we struggled.

and the only nerf to vashj is allowing cc on the mind controlled players. Get over it.

1 Like

Don’t nerf her at all she’s already too ez

1 Like

Nice, but aren’t you sort of fighting a nerfed version at this point? Even a pug must outgear it by now.

funny thing is it makes sense for a lot of pugs to out gear guilds - esp the ones that are 8/10. Even the 10/10 guilds are member starved and often need to Pug. It happens every day. You can easily pug your way to 10/10 and get gear.

Yeah, I used to pug retail raids a lot with guilds that were short and it was always a nice experience. Even straight TBC pugs are probably capable of at least 7/10. Maybe tidewalker is an issue.

A while back we had 6 pugs or so for our first Alar kill. Afterwards, they were like, “you know to make things easier …”

PuGs probably have a better perspective on how everyone does things, what works better and what doesn’t.

1 Like

Yeah, other points of view can be really helpful.

TK trash is awful.

3 Likes

Nerfed?

This version is harder than they had back then because they could stack world buffs and consumes which is how she was killed by method for world first.

She was only killed by Method before her nerfs.

I think he’s trying to say people have gear now, therefore nerfed.

Which is not how that has ever worked, but ok.

well, yes and no. the top tier guilds will be geared when a new tier is released. however, if the tier is already released, when you clear something, what do you do? You automatically go to the next raid - ready or not, geared or not.

By gating everything behind a timeline, Blizzard is making sure all guilds are ready for the next tier gear wise. Kind of a on your mark, get set, go!

More gear helps, and it’s always helped.

But it’s not a nerf to content. The content remains the same difficulty.

It’s just not what the word nerf means.

Nobody gives af which version of Vashj people killed.

2 Likes

The more geared you are, the easier it becomes. It’s been a while now.