Kill Greater Pyro Off Now

Please get rid of greater pyro. You can balance fire mages accordingly after. It’s a stupid ability and just imagining the mages behind the keyboard spamming it the second any other cast get kicked is rationale enough to not just nerf but completely delete it. Like this post if you agree.

240 Likes

i just imagine them screaming as loud as possible

that way i laugh when i die

8 Likes

I just imagine their stupid faces and the complete lack of situational awareness 90% of them have and instead of laughing I just end up hating Blizzard.

4 Likes

too bad changing that wouldnt even fix rmp

4 Likes

I think a better solution would just be to give everyone their own greater attacks

imagine having greater mortal strike that took 4 seconds to cast and when it went off you died of mesothelioma and were entitled to compensation

183 Likes

LMAO
/thread

3 Likes

This is the best thing I’ve read in a while

50 Likes

What is it about greater pyro that’s too much to handle for you? Can’t LoS? Can’t kick? Even if you have to cop it on the chin, in the time it takes to cast a greater pyro, a warrior for example would have done well over 35% of my HP just by being in melee range. So if it’s the sudden cut to the health that scares you, work on your panic, strategy and positioning.

16 Likes

We’re not worthy of your presence, Lord Stumblin.

11 Likes

By the time we get a greater pyro off you have time to have a cup of tea, catch up with friends on social media, walk your dog, then enact whatever counter or self-heal you have to reduce damage if you didn’t already interrupt it with a silence, stun, kick, disorient or the brilliant maneuver of moving out of range or sight.

15 Likes

Don’t even need it when you can just crush somebody with pre-BM nerf levels of mastery by stacking 3x BM and 3x Wildfire in the new patch.

Why do bad mages say things like this

32 Likes

Calm down it’s not a 30 second cast it’s the equivalent of 2 fireballs. Kicking it doesn’t remove your ability to play the game for the next 15 seconds it just means for 4-6 seconds you’re spamming poly, casting RoF or running around spellstealing before trying to furiously spam it again.

I’m not talking about whether or not it’s stoppable, I’m talking about whether or not it’s a stupid ability that creates a horrible playstyle to both face, play with and watch, which I’d say it ABSOLUTELY does. Any real fan of fire should want it permanently deleted.

28 Likes

But without gpy how would I focus gpy healers?

5 Likes

I agree, kill it.

If a compromise is to be made then nerf it down to 30%

I would be ok with the GP as is if Shimmer gets removed

15 Likes

Yes! 10 chars

%age based abilities just need to generally disappear.

16 Likes

lol it’s not that hard to get a G pyro off dude, especially with stuff like Shimmer. As far as stupid %age abilities go, Gpyro is the biggest offender.

8 Likes

Eh part of what makes Gpyro reliable is that it’s on the fire school. You can still do everything important utility wise when locked on it. If you get stopped you can still react with anything in arcane or frost school which is where all your primary utility is.

Plus it’s still important to stop things like polymorphs and ring of frosts, so if you do use a kick on it there’s a lot of times it can get immediately punished anyways and the fire mage doesn’t really lose out as much.

If it was like an arcane mage casting an arcane version of greater pyro, it would be horrendous. They’d open themselves to arcane lockouts preventing not just their damage but also blinking/csing/temping/polymorphing/spellstealing.

Losing out on your damage school for a few seconds doesn’t matter as much for fire if it means you get a free sheep in which case your lockout ends anyways and you can just use your instant damage during your CC chain.

That’s what makes it so efficient. You just put people in a situation where they have bad choices, kind of like times where you’re dealing with a destro lock and you’ll run into situations where if you use kick on chaos bolt you get feared immediately then, and then they get the bolt off after anyways or vise versa when you’re kind of in a lose lose situation. These situations are honestly where the real value of blanket silences on lockouts was, because you would make sure they wouldn’t just spam another school (but you would still want to say lock a mage on frost over arcane because when blanketed you can still block but can’t use arcane abilities but if locked on frost you stop everything). Just some examples of where multi school casts just become difficult to deal with as we’ve lost a good amount of utility and options.

25 Likes