Kill a Lore Character

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/012/468/shakeee.jpg here you go.

Edit → Aww, it didn’t take.

So these are all interesting and feel free to continue as you will. But I guess what I was asking for was more along the lines of a creative writing exercise where your characters kill a lore npc.

4 Likes

Velen. Not out of malice or anything, homeboy just needs his eternal rest already. I felt they should have let him die at the end of Legion. Show him go to the Light to be with his family. He’s been running a long time, must be tired of it all, especially now that the Legion has been dealt with. Let a new generation of Draenei and Lightforged step forward to lead.

4 Likes

Alternate Draenor Grommash and Geya’rah because they are the two leaders of Mag’har Orcs that the alliance that can be defeated in an open battle. For both Horde Allied race leaders, they can be defeated if the alliance decided to use Lightforged troops from AU Draenor or Argus.
Second on my list is Sylvanas because she killed the proposed Alliance ruler of Lordaeron Callia Menethil in Christie Golden’s Before the Storm novel pages 258-270. Later resurrected as a Lightforged Undead page 272-275 in Before the Storm.

Anduin. But not spitefully.

Say, its the end of the expansion. N’zoth is threatening to emerge fully. The Players are weakening his manifestation but it isn’t fast enough, even with Sylvanas supporting them. Anduin looks on… and then looks back at Velen and apologises, before grabbing his sword with one hand and a chunk of Azerite in the other.

And then he jumps with a shout of “For Azeroth!”

The ends result is N’zoth is re banished, but Anduin is dying. In his final moments he looks at Sylvanas. “Remember this. Remember that it took both of us to do this.” He states… and then passes on.

1 Like

Mrs. Hearthaway as my people are being burned alive because bae has a boo-boo, Tyrande Whisperwind.

12+ years of being poorly written and useless. Sorry, but your goth phase doesn’t make you any cooler. Die in a fire.

1 Like
  • Thrall dying on the Broken Shore would have been epic.
  • Greymane realizing that a third, more even faction is worse than the Horde, and sacrificing himself to save everyone, would be cool.
  • Grand Magister Rommath being taken out by a corrupt group of Magisters in an attempted coup for power would be neat.

Go scroll through a couple of long threads on general chat. Just hold your down arrow and read your phone.

You need 20k posts/respinses seen. You’re at like 14k.

OMG so many choices. Thrall, Tyrande, Lillian Voss, Horatio Laine…

We’ll go with Genn. Sylvanas kills him in his latest attempt to thwart her. She does it with Knaifu and he gets trapped inside. And they spend ages having snarky conversations with each other.

whilst him still holding a position of immense power is a biting commentary on how the privileged and powerful never actually face punishment for their wrongs, grand magister rommath really, really needs to die

A little insensitive. I like it.

2 Likes

lol all right.

Well, alongside every human, I would kill Thrall. He has never really taken accountability for abandoning his people to a tyrant.

Everything that stemmed from Garrosh’s reign falls on his shoulders.

2 Likes

Sylvanas!

Just …I don’t know. Have a burning branch somehow manage to fall on her from all the way from Teldrassil and she gets trapped under it and it’s burning too hot because the fire elements got excited or something.

Poetic justice!

Alternatively, Nomi. Damn it Nomi, you broke Ariiah’s heart burning all that food >:(

4 Likes

Baine. Everyone else has levels of barely tolerable that I can stomach. Baine is not one of those characters.

I would be in the timeline of the Elemental Lords when the old gods came and help them defeat them. I always wanted to see what would Azeroth be like if the Elemental Lords won against the Old Gods? Shamanism forever.

Sylvanas because her arc ended in Wrath and it’s time to take out the trash.

6 Likes

If it’s our own character doing the killing, I’m honestly not sure. I don’t feel like Zen would kill any major lore NPC, aside from Sylvanas? And it would be a mercy killing, not an angry one. She’s just an empty shell, suffering and spreading that suffering to others. He wouldn’t see it as making her pay for her crimes. More just putting her to rest. She was a hero in life, she deserves to be able to just rest, and have the pain for her and everyone else be over.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Ooooooo this sounds like a fun prompt. I’m definitely going to gun for Nathanos. I’ll try and see what I can come up with.

Anduin

Because while any horde character can become warchief with minimal difference, the lack of a high king of stormwind would be a massive status shift for the alliance