Kicking people from groups for no reason

Not sure why this is still a thing in 2022. There needs to be some discussion amongst Blizzard devs regarding this. If you dont like the group, you can leave. But kicking people for no reason should not be a thing anymore.

3 Likes

Would you prefer them tell you “I hate you Warr, your MOG is like 2 rats humping in a plastic bag”?

4 Likes

Not even responding to trolls. Thanks for coming out

how would you propose they change the system?

2 Likes

Dare I ask how you know what this looks like?

4 Likes

Well, theres an option to leave a group you dont like. rather than having an innocent person kicked for explaining a mechanic politely.

1 Like

if 4 people want you gone, what does it matter if they all leave or just kick you?

1 Like

The problem is that the vote kick is used to grief and troll players. Thats where its unacceptable and should be penalized.

3 Likes

And how should we determine if the system is being utilized to “grief” or “troll” someone and penalize them appropriately?

If you’ve been removed from a group, you should probably just consider yourself lucky to not be in that group anymore and move on. It was likely a group you wouldn’t have wanted to be in anyway.

You can call it trolling if you’d like, but if they made it mandatory to explain the kick, you’d see a lot of “gfy”. I’m simply pointing out that it’s better that they don’t say anything lest they say something truly inflammatory.

2 Likes

i’ve never seen it used to grief players. usually when a group votes to kick someone, it ends up being the trashcan of the party.

not saying “trolling” never happens, but i’ve been running dungeons for a long time (random heroics for Augment runes to timewalking/LFR/M+) and i’ve never seen it abused in the way described…soo… :sweat_smile:

EDIT: I will mention that i’ve seen players kicked for reasons other than gameplay…sometimes it’s attitude, or like some dps pulling before the tank, or stuff like that too. all legitimate reasons imo

1 Like

Roll a gnome. Ppl kick gnomes from groups for no reason all the time, no matter if you’re top dps and do everything right.
Also, haven’t seen it less recently but, getting kicked just for being from MG is also a thing.

i’ve never seen anyone kicked for their race before. i don’t buy it sorry lol

Sometimes it’s just for being AFK or lagging behind for whatever reason. Still a valid reason though, and not “trolling” or “griefing”.

OP seems to have given some unwarranted advice and is now playing the victim because they got removed from said group.

2 Likes

This is why I pass lead to my healer. I’ve been known to boot people for being lippy. Especially if someone else body pulls and they want to tell me I pulled too much.

1 Like

I got kicked for dpsing while on my disc priest.
I’ve been kicked after a wipe just because they needed to blame someone and I was on a hunter.
…
Maybe you just haven’t been playing enough.

People kick for anything and people almost always vote yes especially when it comes from the tank so they don’t throw a tantrum and leave.

yeah yeah, whatever you say. gl with that lol :nerd_face:

anyway, I just wanted to offer my experience on the matter, since i’ve seen this type of thread pop up from time to time. i know there’s always going to be bad experiences with the vote kick, but I think they’re super rare. I just don’t believe yours, i’m sowwy :frowning:

WOW You’re toxic af.

So, anything that doesn’t happen to you just doesn’t happen and cannot exist. Man that’s, I don’t even know, like some nasty narcissism or something. Is anyone you haven’t meant real to you or is everyone on the interweb just a NPC? Just curious.

1 Like

Wow, existentialism on the forums. That’s new. I guess it really depends on if you fall into the camp of perception = reality. It’s it possible to have infinite inescapable bias?

2 Likes

but to have bias you have to be human and prejudiced. Would that be possible if nothing is real you would literally be discriminate towards empty space.