Kicked from dungeon for reading quest text

i took a few moments to read a quest…and i got kicked…now i’m not saying blizz should change anything…BUT… seriously?
wtf…on an alt tho

2 Likes

You weren’t kicked “For reading quest text”, you were kicked for not respecting other people’s time.

I’d recommend you look up quest text on WoW Head after the dungeon to learn the story, if you really care.

44 Likes

How long was a few moments?

14 Likes

a few moments? or a few minutes

18 Likes

Seems odd. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten kicked for reading a quest text in a dungeon. But it doesn’t help if the group doesn’t post anything asking if you were there then you could have responded, “yea i’m just reading this quest text”. Sounds like they just blindly vote kicked you and others agreed. Sometimes people kick just to kick even without realizing you’re not doing anything wrong.

4 Likes

You are a shining example of why new players won’t stay in WoW, and what people mean when they say the community is toxic.

Can you be any more arrogant or rude? I don’t think so.

Mind you, stormrage we’re always known to be a bunch of tools.

59 Likes

we’re talking about a dungeon group, not a server group.

Did anyone start saying something in chat like,

“Where are you?” or “Where’s x class?” before kicking you?

On my tank, if I see someone lagging behind without an explanation I’ll say it first and then after a few minutes initiate a kick.

I don’t know you’re a new player or not, but people do random dungeons not because they want to actually spend their time doing it. Leveling is a chore because Blizzard is incapable of making a better experience, so dungeons are just a means of doing them as fast as possible regardless of whether you want to know the lore or not.

1 Like

I realise that, please re-read.

3 Likes

They might have thought you were afk. Sadly, many people join groups then sit afk while they make a sandwhich and wait to reap the rewards that the group has earned. As a side effect this means if you’re taking your time reading quest text then others will think you’re a leech… that’s when the votes start.

It doesn’t hurt to say, “Afk one sec”. Most ppl will tolerate that and you wont be kicked. Several times, in the middle of a Raid, I’ve said, “Afk one sec. Dogs barking.” and everyone was cool about it.

Or, you could have been in a toxic group.

2 Likes

Followed by:

Irony, delicious, savory irony.

19 Likes

I really didn’t mean to come off as rude, I thought the tone of the OP’s post is pretty disingenuous.

If the OP is really truly confused as to why he got kicked, I told him the real reason, that’s it.

7 Likes

You’re actually the worst.

14 Likes

Thank you for your contribution to this post.

7 Likes

Setting the threshold for ‘worst’ really high, aren’t we?

6 Likes

Read and run, you’ll learn to strengthen the skill. I do it all the time.

I was once kicked for seeing a cinematic .

Not everyone has run the dungeons hundreds of times , some are actually seeing it for the first time .

20 Likes

People are impatient, bottom line you did nothing wrong.

10 Likes

I always let people know it’s my first time in a dungeon. If I want to read the quest texts I do. Then I let people know to just keep me steered in the right direction.
People have all been helpful and super nice.
They do this because I AM THE TANK. If they were ever to kick me (not in a million years) they are more then welcome to go back to their 30 minute ques while I hop, skip, and jump my way thru 5 second que.

top kek

wat

3 Likes