Kicked From Battleground

I gotta say. I am paper. I like mages. I am not the best - but I DO NOT think you should be able to be kicked from a battleground just for defending - especially if you are new to the BG and have no idea what is going on. I waited for the group just like everyone else and right before a win, I get knocked out? Who gets to make that decision!? that’s horse plop pure and simple.

Well, it comes down to two things.

First, if you are AFK and not engaging the enemy and get flagged as AFK, then you are given time to get into combat. If you still didn’t get into combat, then you get the boot.

Second, if you make a habit of getting voted as AFK, there comes a point where you don’t even get the timer to get into combat. You just get kicked.

In both those scenarios, it’s the members of your group that are tagging you as AFK and it takes more than one flag to give you the debuff.

If you have a constructive suggestion to make it better, you’ll want to use the in-game suggestion feature or post in the Battlegrounds forum.

5 Likes

I don’t have much to add that Perl hasn’t already covered.

I will say that communication is very important in any group activities. For example, if you’re defending a point and don’t communicate that with your team then when they look at the map they just see a dot - far from the fight - not moving/participating.

They may also consider defending a point that is not under threat to be not participating as well. If you’re not sure what the objectives are, try asking others in the group where you should be heading to avoid any confusion about your participation.

4 Likes

Is there a third? Where if the majority of players report you as AFK, it’s immediate, much like a dungeon’s Vote to Kick? I’m relatively certain this is the case, but I could be wrong.

In addition to this, you can read about the battlegrounds on websites like Wowhead to understand the basics of each BG. Some battlegrounds are fairly easy to understand, while the bigger ones like AV or IoC, can be a little daunting at first.

2 Likes

I’m not too sure if that’s been confirmed or not to be honest. They do cover the two I mentioned in the support page for being kicked here:

2 Likes

Then I’ll stick to these two until the “third” one has been confirmed.

1 Like