Kicked and blocked after 2*ing a M4

Very strange guild. I was the tank and skipped too much trash in the beginning so we spent about 5 minutes backtracking to get it all and wound up 2 starring the dungeon. I was immediately kicked after the last boss. One wipe at the beginning of the dungeon because of bolstering but that was it. Very few words were exchanged the whole dungeon

Just seems extreme to me.

2 Likes

They probably didn’t like you for some reason - probably low DPS / awareness / etc. They wanted to run another dungeon, but with someone else.

2 Likes

Checked your profile and noticed 3 of them were from tichondrius, pretty typical behavior for them. People be weird.

31 Likes

In the age of chaos, two factions battled for dominance.

The kingdom of Azeroth was a prosperous one. The humans who dwelled there turned the land into a paradise. The Knights of Stormwind and the Clerics of Northshire Abbey roamed far and wide, serving the King’s people with honor and justice.

The well trained armies of the King maintained a lasting peace for many generations. Then came the Orcish hordes…

No one knew where these creatures came from, and none were prepared for the terror that they spawned. Their warriors wielded axe and spear with deadly proficiency, while others rode dark wolves as black as the moonless night. Unimagined were the destructive powers of their evil magics, derived from the fires of the underworld.

With an ingenious arsenal of weaponry and powerful magic, these two forces collide in a contest of cunning, intellect, and brute strength, with the victor claiming dominance over the whole of Azeroth.

Welcome to the World of Warcraft!

13 Likes

I was the tank and consistently highest trash/aoe dps, amd sometimes the only one stopping enemy mechanics. I’m not a perfect player, but let me tell you these guys were far from Method lol

Man I was so confused by the title, trying to figure out what you were censoring with 2*ing lol…

Most people call it +2 or two chesting because of the origins of the system.
Never heard some one refer to it as a star though.

Anyway, what were you kicked from?
The group itself?

After you completed the dungeon?
By that point, transaction is over right?

Did they know you before hand?
Maybe they just wanted to get their friend in or something.

11 Likes

My guess is they kicked you from the group because you demonstrated that you have no idea how to route through a dungeon.

I would argue that it’s just a +4 and it doesn’t matter, and you have to learn how to route plan somewhere, but I’m not them :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

You were up to their high god like standard :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It happens when you play with randos.

3 Likes

i miss when you actually got more chests smh

Yeah the group, the moment we finished the last boss. It’s not impossible they just wanted to invite their guildie but more than likely it was an aggressive kick. No “ty for run” or even a “gg.”

More than likely yeah. I mean if I’d depleted the key from careless pulls or something I could see that but a +2 on a 4 key in a pug is pretty serviceable IMO.

At the end of the day they did me a favor by blocking since I don’t want to run with people who get upset by a very small inconvenience.

7 Likes

yep. if they booted you because of the backtracking at the end, it was silly. No one knows how to route m+ dungeons until they do it a few times, it’s a skill that comes with experience and people expecting their tanks in +4s to play like tanks in +15s are just silly.

yep x10. this is a great way to look at it.

for what it’s worth, if you aren’t already using MDT, you might want to check it out. https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/mythic-dungeon-tools While I’m still learning dungeons, I like to take screenshots of the routes and put them on my other monitor. Dratnos’s basic routes are a great place to start, you can grab them all here: https://raider.io/news?tag=weekly-route

If you don’t want to use an addon to do your routes, this site will let you poke around with planning as well https://keystone.guru/

6 Likes

Had a similar situation in bfa. I tanked a pug +5ML on my bear because I was bored and wanted an easy run.
About 2 seconds before Raz died, well inside of a 3 chest timer, I was removed from group and left a bit confused.
Still got loot and gave them a /wave on my way past them out of the dungeon.
I wrote it off as something else dumb from an Azralon group. People are weird op.

1 Like

Even if their reason was in some weird way justified, being polite and notifying you about it is the human thing to do. Sorry that happened, dude.

1 Like

this is why people just leave keys when crap goes wrong
the community attitude

1 Like

I’ll verify that, lol.
I hate it when I see anyone coming from that cesspool.
Ive had four of them boot me for nothing before we even started the run, lol. Just used me to get into a random.
Its nice to get a 30 minute timer over useless tools.

5 Likes

Uh, you finished the run. The dungeon ended. It’s pretty standard to form a new group once the last run is over.

2 Likes

I feel like learning routes in dungeons is excusable now since you have to subscribe to noggas onlyfams account to get access to the mdt maps. But this is pug behavior, its dumb and often uncalled for but you will get used to it and move on with your instant invite tank que.

I am new to tanking also , and I see some insatisfactions and things I admit O don’t understand.

1. Planned route : Where am I supposed to learn that? Why does it have to be a tank that does this ?

2. Expected results : usually wipes comes because of DPS ( most really bad players are know are DPS ) why is it that tank that get blamed? If I held aggro on everyone, shouldn’t I consider my job done ?

If a tank is expected to learn routes and work outside of the game to get better, shouldn’t the reward at the end be better? I mean DPS go in there and even healers without having to do those things, they just follow the tank.

No wonder there is a tank shortage.

5 Likes

I don’t know the full story, but they might have not kicked you because they were disappointed or mad, but just because they wanted to do something else with just them three. So hopefully it wasn’t personal or something to worry about.

Just for me, I don’t kick people when groups are partially filled with friends (unless they are a jerk or something) and we want to do something else just us. We just leave and reform (or let them leave), but I understand that others may reform their partial groups this way.

To be fair, even if it was personal, tanks have to learn/practice the routes somewhere, right? I’d much rather have tanks learning in level 2 or 4 than level 9 or 15! Haha

No you don’t, Nnogie reverted his changes a couple days after he made them, anyone can use MDT again.

1 Like