Keybinds Reset, any way to back them up?

Hello everyone, I had an issue today where my keybinds reset automatically. I contacted Blizzard Support, who unfortunately told me that they had no solution to restoring nor backing them up, but that you guys, the community, might have a way. Does anybody know of a way to back up keybindings in case they reset so you don’t have to manually set them back? Thanks :grinning:

You should always keep a backup of your WTF folder (at least the stuff from Account down).

From retail down it’s this:

_retail_/WTF/Account//bindings-cache.wtf

Exactly what that file contains is a bit of a mystery, but it seems to be a delta from SOME definition of defaults (even with an absolutely clean install, there are still keybinds in there - but they may be localization-specific or changes from some EARLIER Blizzard definition of what “default” was GOING to be or something.

But if you drop an old copy of that in place with the game shut down, when you start back up, you’ll get the keybinds in there applied.

This will NOT necessarily apply to keybinds for addons. Some those are dynamically loaded at runtime.