Key leavers, the final solution

Why do you keep pugging? Seems like this can be avoided with a friend group.

Yeah that could be an alternative to having it reset after a given amount of time.

Yeah, runs where everything is going smoothly are the chillest.

For sure.

2 Likes

People know early on, especially with wipes at key moments, if they will be able to time with the time allotted. Would you rather people stay for the entire 30 minutes out of 30 minutes and then leave?

1 Like

Sadly, the only real solution might be to remove M+ from the LFG tool, which would not be well received, so no matter what someone will feel like exploiting the systems in place. The only way it could work is if such was not made public knowledge how things worked within the system.

I don’t think that will even work, people will just return to spamming /2 Trade.

The issue of frequent leavers only occurs to a fraction of the player base. If it happens frequently, they need to look in the mirror. People don’t tend to leave good groups.

8 Likes

There is no problem. And people leaving keys isn’t the reason you are only 2300 io. If you have that many people leaving your keys, the problem is you.

12 Likes

The harsh reality.

I do think that a lot of people kind of neglect to…adjust? To each other? Tanks in particular seem to be rough about judging how much their group is capable of, and either overpull or underpull.

There’s also the whole kicking thing where everybody overlaps first cast. Dreadful.

6 Likes

Your incredible bad day will leech over to other people’s gameplay and give them an incredible bad day because your internet might be lackluster.

Maybe you should step outside for a day or something lol

I respect the attempted solution but you are more likely to get those against punishment to agree if the 3 strikes reset daily instead of weekly, and even then that’s a stretch.

I’m sure an actual system would account for that, because I do this too and if the group mutually agrees (or at least the majority) then the key should be nixed.

That begs the question of why you are continuously signing up when you know your connection is bad? Also having DCs multiple times is different than being offline for 5+ minutes multiple times.

So what if…

1. I make a group with my friends to push some high keys and get IO.
  2. We time the key.
  3. We wipe few times and there is no way we will time the key. So, we agree to leave.
  4. We time the next key.
  5. We are not going to time the key so we leave.
  6. We are not going to time the key so we leave.

Now, I have to tell my friends that I left 3 keys so I can’t run keys with them anymore until next reset?

3 Likes

Yep. Automatically me. The tank. It couldn’t be the healer or anyone else. Smh

I have had it happen to me, it is not frequent but it is annoying. The thing is, when it happens to me it tends to be we are making good time/progress yet because we won’t come in under time, someone leaves and the key is blown. I am often for keys not depleting due to leavers or withing x% over time because I am one that quite often comes in just over time (fighting last boss when time runs out) sometimes due to a mistake on my part (using the wrong portal on Muezala for instance).

I’ve had 3 keys disband from leavers. I left 2 of them and they were my own key.
Here are the stats:

92 Timed runs + more untimed
Only 3 disbanded groups from leavers.

As the tank, you have the biggest impact of how well the key goes.

4 Likes

Easy way to fix the problem: Let people join keys in progress if someone leaves.

Locking the key to a specific group is really unnecessary for the bulk of the playerbase and really just messes with the PUG community. I understand why they thought it was necessary, but it’s not worth the hassle.

Sure, if it was just for the day :slight_smile: but you’re proposing a weeklong ban because of 1 day of unpredictable disconnections.

Don’t sit there and pretend like you can guess when your connection is going to die.

At the of the day, you want to punish people for things entirely beyond their control. They’re already being punished; their time is also wasted and they also don’t get to finish the dungeon =/ If someone bails on your key and it fails entirely — you can literally just get into another one right after.

That sucks, sure, but again, that’s the pug life.

Even in guilded groups, disconnections happen. Why 3 strikes? Why not 5? Why not 8? Why not 10?

1 Like

Oh for sure it is annoying, but if it happens 1:50 or 1:100 keys, then it isn’t really an issue that needs major overhauling with convoluted systems to catch all exploits.

id just leave it as is lol.

it’s not perfect but i cant see any perfect-er solution.

emergencies happen when they happen - no weekly quota on that :wink: it’s the nature of emergencies.

*omg my brother is drowning but ive had emergencies 3 times already this week i better keep playing or im gonna get locked-out this time!

do dungeon except 1% trash. one person leaves, carry comes in. do 1% trash. profit.

Hence why I tend to favor more reducing punishments for key holder then punishments for key leavers, like 15 and under keys don’t deplete, 16 and above do if someone leaves or comes in over time.