Kel'thuzad: Is He Really That Bad?

We know Kel’thuzad as the Archmage that learned Necromancy, joined the Lich King, founded a religion around the Scourge which he named “Cult of the Damned” and recently manipulated some houses of Maldraxxus into working for the Jailer while destroying the other houses he couldn’t manipulate.

We know he is power hungry and willing to do almost anything for power.

But is he evil?

One lesser known thing about Kel’thuzad is that… he seems to love cutesy little animals. We all remember his pet Mr. Bigglesworth, but good old Bigs isn’t the only pet Kel’thuzad cared for.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Scourged_Whelpling

“Kel’Thuzad once nursed a plague-infected whelp to adulthood, feeding it only the finest liquefied remains.”

Keep in mind that Undead beings don’t naturally age. Kel’thuzad not only cared for a little dragon and personally oversaw it’s diet with zeal, but he also had to use his Necromantic Magics to manipulate the whelp’s Undead biomass and grow it into adulthood.

That’s a lot of work!

Why would KT dedicate so much time, effort and emotion to cutesy little animals if he was that bad?

Not to mention: The Flawless judgment of the Arbiter sent him to Maldraxxus. Not to the Maw, not to Revendreth, to Maldraxxus. If he was super evil, he would have been sent to one of the places where they sent evil people, not to the Wrestlemania Event / Wholesome petting zoo / Place that protects the Shadowlands.

I think there’s more to Kel’thuzad than meets the eye.

7 Likes

Yes. He is really that bad.

5 Likes

Yes, he’s partly responsible for the destruction of Lordaeron and Quel’Thalas.

We don’t know that. It’s more than likely he found his own way into Maldraxxus to build up his strength.

I love this narrative - but to be honest I think it’s more akin to the Godfather and his cat. It’s not so uncommon for villains to have a soft spot for pets

1 Like

While I do agree with most of your sentiment of KT, I don’t think the Arbiter even judged the guy. Since he is a Necromancer that literally breaks how Death is supposed to work.

And I don’t think he knows what’s best for Maldraxxus and Shadowlands in entirely.

Evil is very subjective. One could say he is.

JUSTICE FOR SILVERMOON

Yes, yes he is.

1 Like

Kael’Thas would roast you alive for suggesting this.

1 Like

He tried to wipe out life on the planet, so I would go with Yes, he is evil.

If Kael’thas wants him dead, then Kel’thuzad must die.

Yes. Kel’thuzad is a wimp, only good at throwing waves of enemies at problems, and I am very disappointed that I didn’t get to feed him to Deathfang.

I’m fairly sure I’ve killed Kael’thas like a billion times. I took his Verdant Sphere, his head, his big phoenix, his smol phoenix, his chicken, his orb and his dress.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/77344-scarlet-sindorei-robes.jpg

sits back

Ahh another mortis conspiracy thread

You monster! Give the man his phoenixes back. :frowning:

We’ll find out in the next raid.

Asking questions and trying to understand things is not the same as a conspiracy.

It’s just… basic brain usage.

I’m stating the bad stuff we know Kel’thuzad did, then the good stuff we know Kel’thuzad did, and questioning whether or not he is as bad a person as the game’s narrative would have us believe.

There is no conspiracy here. Only rational thought.

NEVER!!1! They belong to my cutesy little Blood Elf Fire Mage now!

If Kael’thas wants them back he will have to take them from me. And if the Venthyr didn’t take his memories like some sort of Kyrian, he should remember how our every fight goes…

Kel’thuzad is one of the best characters in Warcraft.

Can’t wait for Danuser to kill him off, friggin’ hack.

Kael: I’ve figured it out! The trick is to kill the healer first…

Actually if you read his backstory as to what lead him to his path of Lichdom you’d see his original experiments in Necromancy which had him banned from the Kirin Tor involved the reanimation of animals, mostly rats, but he did have other animals.

I’m not claiming he was vegan or anything like that.

But he clearly has a love for pets that is incompatible with the idea of dark death evil villain Kel’thuzad.

Oh I wasn’t contesting anything. Just a little “The more you know”. He definitely has a love for animals.