Keep getting disconnected from game the moment it connects

Since about September, with each patch to Bfa, I have had trouble logging into the game. I get disconnected as soon as it logs on with the message WOW51900319 or occasionally BLZ51901016. I have updated router, video card, changed password, and tried all suggested options in the support suggestions. It is to the point now I am not able to get logged in at all to play, it’s a cycle of logging in and getting disconnected. I have also tried turning down the settings on the graphics to the minimal on all fields. Nothing works. I’ve tried creating a ticket with support, and that is as bad as trying to log into the game, a dead end cycle. Hopefully I can get some help here, otherwise will end up deleting the game.

3 Likes

wow. same! This just happened to me. I died, and it DC’d me. Now whenever I log into that character, I instantly get DC’d again. I don’t even have time to move, or hit the escape key! I’m stuck as a ghost.

1 Like

Currently happening to me, too. I’ve been “stuck” in Heart of the Forest for about 2 hours now with no time to even move before I’m immediately disconnected with “WOW51900319”.

2 Likes

Just an update to my post above (I am Falluot). I used the character move self-service to port to Durotar and that allowed me to log in. Perhaps this is related to other issues people are having with Ardenweald right now?

oh man. You the real MVP. haha! worked for me too.

i’m no where near Shadowlands, i’m just working on my professions in Outlands, and i’ve been DC’d twice so far tonight. there’s massive lag preventing me from chatting with guildies, and even the launcher is struggling to connect. yet i can connect with other sites just fine, including the forums here.

Currently happening to me. The moment the world screen hits game freezes with a WOW51900319 message. I’m in the bastion kyrian main covenant area.

Hey there,

If you can briefly see the character before disconnecting, that can usually be resolved with the Stuck Character service that was mentioned previously.

If you want to try and use it, you can go to https://us.battle.net/support/en/help then click Contact Support and go to WoW → “I would rather categorize the issue” → In-game Issues → Character problem → Stuck Character service.

Or you can use this direct link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/586

Disconnections when logging in can also be caused by technical issues with your connection between the game client and server. One of the more common things that we see is disconnects due to wireless instability, so if you are using a wifi connection try switching to wired and then power cycle the network before trying again.

I tried using suggested link and moving my character. That did not fix it. I am hardwired to my router, so that’s not the issue. I reset my router, went through set up again on it and that has not solved the problem. Powered down everything mulitple times, (computer and router) and reconnected. Nothing. At this point there is nothing I can think of on my side I can do. The problem has got to be with Blizzard just booting my character for some reason. As stated, this started with patches when Shadowlands was getting ready to launch. It really got bad when corruption was taken from the game, and since shadowlands went live, it is impossible for me to stay logged into the game.

Howdy Jackonon,

If there is a specific character you aren’t able to access, please create a support ticket and request that this character be moved to another location. This usually helps fix the problem.

Have already done that, and still not able to log on. I can log into battle net and that’s it. On occasion I will get a glimpse of the page where my character is supposed to show up, but get disconnected before my character appears.

1 Like

This has been an ongoing problem with Blizzard servers for at least a year. You can find dozens of forum posts like this one and the problem never gets solved. The Blizzard support system DOES NOT WORK and they do not offer to help you. There is seemingly no way to actually talk to a person to actually get a problem fixed.

I am currently dealing with this problem as well for the second time in three months and nothing Blizzard suggests works.

NONE of this worked for me. I was not stuck, I had about 5 seconds before disconnecting as soon as I got on my main character. I was outside a dungeon when it first happened, I zoned into the dungeon, I hearthed, and I accepted a summon from friends trying to help… changing locations did not help. I deleted my cache, that did not help. I then deleted my cache, WFT, and Interface and that did not help. I used the scan and fix feature (next to the play button on the app) and it did not help. I re-installed my addon manager and that did not help. I did EVERYTHING they suggested both here AND in the support talking about this issue… and nothing. So, I uninstalled WoW, I deleted the folders, I restarted my computer to make sure to clear everything and re-downloaded it… I am still re-downloading, but I checked to see if I could log in once it said it was playable, and I was able to! Super annoying, and I will have to re-set absolutely everything on all my characters, but I can log into my main! I just hope it doesn’t happen again once all the downloads are done… it is halfway through the pre-patch and has the various updates left to go.

Edit: Nope, still an issue! It has got to be on the Blizzard side of things.