Kael'Thas voice actor change

Yeah I’m late to the party. I would gladly answer an existing topic but they are all mysteriously locked.

Since he has been found innocent regarding all accusations, mind reverting the changes? Everything he was accused of was proven to be completely false and yet he lost his role as Kael’Thas, among others very big roles in others games. This woman (whom I wish I was allowed to refer to by less respectful denominations) cut out pieces of consensual conversations that she recorded without his consent and glued them together to make him say things he never said. The two people never even met in person.

Weirdly enough, this whole situation reminds me of current events about another man who got his life ruined because of false accusations, and mob mentality immediately assuming that the woman must be the victim…

If the roles were reversed, she would’ve never lost her job. Please rehire Quinton Flynn and revert the changes made to his character. A public apology would be of good measure too.

30 Likes

Kael’thas had a small role in Shadowlands and very likely won’t be returning in any of the next expansions to require voice work for.

2 Likes

It doesn’t change the fact that all of his previous work was replaced by a worse voice actor, and that change should be reverted.

15 Likes

I’m sorry, but Blizzard is well known for never admiting their mistakes.

An apology is never going to happen. They are far too proud.

15 Likes

There is no mystery here. It is not really a topic for the forums and deals with the real life name and history of someone. Blizzard does not allow call outs.

If threads are locked or deleted by Mods, we are not supposed to restart them or reference them.

2 Likes

So, you don’t think Blizz should do a public apology and revert the changes?

5 Likes

Talk about entitlement. Do you even ask yourself it the original VA even wants the gig again. Maybe he was contacted and refused.

Soo much entitlement my god.

1 Like

This is not the place to discuss the personal life of a real person nor the business reasons Blizzard chose to change voice actors. None of us here have any actual information about it - we are not the voice actor, his lawyer, or Blizzard execs.

The threads on it were locked for a reason.

2 Likes

So, no, no you don’t.

8 Likes

Oh then it won’t take much work to convert the voice lines back to the old ones! Good to know.

8 Likes

you can just replace the voice files…?
dunno if we need to go and redo all the ones the new guy did in SL, but jesus christ on a scooter, the old ones sound so much worse

Wonder if it was a woman VA who had this happen to them, some of the tunes in this thread would be different.

9 Likes

I understand the sentiment, but it really feels like an easy way out of admitting their mistakes and committing to repair them.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the new VA but aesthetically speaking, I do slightly prefer the OG VA. His voice suited KT better IMO. :confused:

3 Likes

I do find it somewhat interesting that people are essentially asking for the new guy to be fired for having the nerve to be hired as a replacement.

No one is asking for him to be fired. He could voice new and other things.

1 Like

Oh is this why the Magister’s Terrace voice was changed? The new one sounded so bad and slow, it lacked that real insane quality to it.

3 Likes

Oh this subject is back.

Since neither Blizzard or the actor whose lines were replaced have publicly stated why the change was made - you do not know the accusations were the reason. The actor may not have been available or there may have been other contractual issues we are not aware of. We do not know why the change was made.

Until we know what happened (unlikely) threads like this serve no point but to stir people up.

:cookie:

1 Like

We do know why the change was made, it’s because he was accused of sexual assault but it was later determined that the girl was lying.

You don’t just get a new voice actor to redubbed lines from over a decade ago for no reason.

5 Likes

Come on Grumbles, you’re better than this.

They don’t just re-record existing lines because of someone not being available or because of a contractual dispute.

2 Likes