Justicar's Vengeance a dead talent. Lets talk about it maybe even try to fix it

So Blizzard has given us a paladin version of DS at least this is how I look at it. But costing 5 Holy Power and in testing it not restoring much health my question is why. The paladins in my guild that are ret run WoG. To me the cost of this ability and its lack luster healing makes it a dead talent.

4 Likes

It’s been an awful ability since implemented, for pve. For pvp it became bad this xpac. Would be viable for pvp again if they really buffed it’s damage/it’s healing. Would rather they just remove that talent and healing hands. A WoG modifier for one talent, and maybe another healing ability for the other talent. Perhaps bake in luminescence idk, that was really strong for ret pvp in legion.

2 Likes

I will say I love the thought of us having a ds like ability but the fact that its garbage. Is just pathetic and to think that it is a talent. It is pathetic.

Maybe a 3 holy power spender that will deal minor damage but heal us more instead, like 15% max health

I hate to say it because I can see other paladins furiously typing their angry post. But I like this ability as our own version of a death strike. I just think it needs to be beefed up in healing, should be baseline, and should not cost 5 holy power.

No I do not think it should have the same mechanic as Death Strike where it restores the damage done to you with in 5 seconds. But something like this could help us with pvp and pve give us some extra healing that actually heals.

2 Likes

you’re giving up a huge part of your damage to survive better. But still does some minor damage. So it’s a trade off. And by minor damage I would say around 5-8k damage

Death Strike isnt a tradeoff at all. Death Coil does near to 0 damage. They just keep their 100 runic power for when they need to use death strike.

That’s actually not true at all.

Death coil actually does ok damage as it is all shadow damage while sinister strike is part physical part shadow and festering strike is all physical. It’s also one of your only attacks to keep up damage when you can’t be on top of a target.

No dk in pvp presses death coil ever btw.

Unless they’re 1400 I guess

1 Like

Yes but I have tried this ability it heals worse than enhancement shamans heals. For the cost of 5 holy power.

For the most part you’re right but it isn’t because it deals no dmg it’s because death strike is DK main survivability tool. You can’t add death strike to paladins and leave their other utilities and defenses.

Either way justicars vengeance needs adjustment or removed as it’s useless right now.

1 Like

Dk has tons of tools to survive wdym. Ams, icebound, and amz are all insane. Dks also are rarely focus targets and they still hold runic power lol.

2 Likes

So we agree then it sounds like

1 Like

Im saying to change justicar’s vengeance into a 3hp attack that will do 5-8k damage in bfa number but heal for 15% of max health. Its better than what justicar’s vengeance tries to do because you have to balance the damage and the healing.

Yea I do understand what your saying. I am saying it needs to be changed into something that is more viable or just be removed as it is useless right now. And it should not be a talent its not worthy of being a talent.

Yes we all agree with that statement for sure.

Do you think it would be better as a passive talent? Like it would make Templar verdict into Justicar Vengeance you still have the big TV damage but now it also restores say something like 10% of heath based on damage done.

1 Like

Considering it’s name, and the idea of retribution, maybe it should be an attack that’s only usable after taking a certain amount of damage?
Justicars Vengeance - 1HP
10 sec cooldown.
Deals x% damage, and does healing to you equal to half? (dunno how much it should heal) of the damage done.
After taking 25% of your HP in damage in a span of 6 seconds, Justicars vengeance is unlocked for use for a span of 10 seconds. Once used, another 25% hp must be taken in damage before it’s able to be used again, along with 10 seconds having passed for the cooldown.

Honestly i’d rather them just make my flash heal better, we still need to be able to be counter able. There are far too many classes with instant this, and instant that, including melee, in my honest (and i’m sure unpopular) opinion. I like the idea of my flash of light ACTUALLY healing a decent amount, perhaps just not spammable if it’s a good heal.

1 Like

I will be honest. I think it should either be built in as you suggested. Or given the name of the ability it should be one of those that does damage based on what happened to us like if we received a crit it would become active and allow us to do that crit damage back to our target while healing us for like 100% of the damage done our target, or heal us for 10-15% of our total life.

Either way as it stands right now I have only ever used it to play around to see what i could get out of it and damage and healing was pathetic. The damage was on par with CS (which hits as hard as auto attacks) or just a bit more. And its healing was just as bad.

1 Like

Hey look we actually agree on something. It hasn’t been any good since it was given to us in Legion, no idea on earth while it made the transition to BFA. Pretty obvious it wasn’t very good and nobody chose it, should have been remade a long time ago.