Just would like to add that BM uses more than 3 buttons

Trust me. Once you use a Clefthoof your life will change.

Yep I have guildies who mock hunters as brainless and if I even dare to point out I have more buttons to deal with than they do they genuinely get angry and are like “no, Ive played a Hunter, thats bull, my class is worse because x, y, z” and it literally doesnt matter what reality is.

If Hunters get a buff its “Theyre already OP” and yet if their equivalent performing class gets one its “Still doesnt make us better than middle tier at best”. Every other class gets a “Woo grats on the buff” but hunters get a “As if you needed one FFS”

If a Hunter gets a nerf its “Good, they need one, a class that easy shouldnt be on top” but if theirs gets even the slightest whiff of a nerf its “Bull we are already garbage why nerf us more”. Every other class in guild gets a “RIP that nerf sucks”.

I literally had an Evoker try and argue their self heals and survival cooldowns are far worse than hunters - when I pointed out they can literally target themselves and heal heal heal and have several healing cooldowns they can use on themselves I was told that doesnt count and Hunters are still way more survivable.

The Hunter hate meme is very very real and for some people its not even a meme they genuinely hate hunters and think its true.

9 Likes

They’re just upset that they’ve “played” Hunter but… Didn’t actually play Hunter correctly.

Any player can play a Hunter and do decently. A good player actually knows HOW to play a Hunter correctly and uses their kit very well.

3 Likes

yup has this disagreement with a frost mage in mage channel regarding M+.

I pointed out that we use 7 buttons and they use 5. They went quiet after that.

2 Likes

9 just for dps then add cc and defense and self heals.

2 Likes

I’ve played a Hunter since the game launched. Early on, we got crapped on for accidental pulls - both from right click auto shots and idiotic pet pathing.

BM didn’t really become known as a 3-button braindead spec until Preach posted a video during Legion where he was playing BM and went on and on about how easy it was. The funny part is, he wasn’t even playing it correctly. He was constantly dropping Frenzy and didn’t seem to understand he needed to manage the stacks to keep it up. But because his pet tanked everything, he was able to play open world content with no risk of dying.

So yeah. BM got this reputation from a streamer that didn’t even know how to play the spec correctly. And since people love bandwagons, it’s grown ever since.

5 Likes

Don’t forget to let everyone know that ret paladin has by far the easiest rotation in the entire game and does obscene amounts of damage, especially in aoe with zero effort.

Bm has mobility, but being brutally honest, our rotation is garbage, forced downtime, gcd locks, all sorts of problems.

We need barbed shot and bestial wrath out of the GCD asap.
Also we need to have focus completely removed as well as it does nothing other than slow our rotation down and force downtime.

3 Likes

Pretty sure in BC bm hunters had a 1 button macro that did their top dps.

Miss that button :frowning:

edit found a video of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnoOnmW-0Bs&t=8s

1 Like

Yeah sure in BC, but, like, BC was 2007 - that was literally over 1.5 decades ago.

2 Likes

A lot of classes/specs had those macros in BC. It’s the reason they changed how macros worked.

2 Likes

This!

The hate stems all the way back to the 2004-05 days of WoW. Where literally every melee class would say, “…stand still and fight!”

L2P

Nuff said!

2 Likes

It’s not - clefthooves are using for tanking for their survivability. Threat gen is no different than any other pet.

This.

BM is one of the easiest specs to play in pvp and arguing against that is just dumb lol.

Pvp is a side minigame that should honestly be completely separated from pve like FFXIV does.

2 Likes

Ya lol, looks like raiding is the mini game. As much as I agree in separating pvp and pve, it’s not going to happen.

Raiding is boring as hell.
m+ is the only thing keeping this game afloat.

The numbers disagree. I would like to see what the margin for error in this is though.

The General Discussion forum is an echo chamber for people that think any form of raiding aside from LFR is elitist. Not exactly a reliable source. I’m not even sure why they bothered making that poll when they can just review their own data.

1 Like

OoO, nope the people have spoken. Raiding is the mini game.