Just started playing Survival Hunter

So I just started playing a Survival Hunter, never really played a Hunter before. I am absolutely loving the spec! I havent had this much fun with a spec for a long time. However, I have been hearing and reading that Survival is a trash spec. Im not looking to do Mythic raiding or anything, maybe just Normal and Heroic raids and dungeons. Am I going to be wasting my time playing a Survival Hunter if I am just going to be kicked from groups because of the spec I play?

5 Likes

No ur good, they can do perfectly fine in heroic raids and there aoe build is amazing in mythic plus. Just build the right way and you’ll be fine and welcome to the love of survival!!!

This forums just have a lot of hate from sour from the legion rework tons of people have fun playing surivial

2 Likes

SV’s great, its a commitment but I enjoy it. It shines better in mythic plus than in raiding tho.

3 Likes

You should be fine for the content you’re looking to do.

1 Like

You’ll be fine, survival in group content is really good. The aoe in M+ is great and with a decent group the single target dps isn’t going to be an issue. All the content you want to do you’ll be more than fine

Thank you. I am going to continue maining Survival Hunter then

1 Like

Glad you’re liking it. As others have mentioned, for now it’s built more towards leveraging its uncapped bombs in M+, but 9.1 has some pretty decent single-target buffs on the way that might let it see significantly better use in raids.

1 Like

Its always been my favorite spec. I retired it for a few years to heal but man did i miss it. Its prob the most fun spec to play IMO so keep at it!

Honestly just depends on if you can find a guild or not. If you are going into 10+ mythic dungeons then I usually get kicked for not being MM or BM, not saying you can’t find groups that will take you though. For raids I’m not sure, I don’t really enjoy raiding.

You will be fine. I am getting my Hunter up to par now, and I am having a blast. Dare I say more so than when I am on my Paladin. I will gear my game more to PvP , but I do have fun in PvE.

Honestly most groups expect hunters to be ranged still so you may run into some issues with grouping etc. But if you’re ok with that and are having fun, why not?

It’s a crime what they did to ranged to survival to create the abomination that is melee survival.

But you’ll be fine. It’s been 3 expansions since there was a spec that wasn’t viable for heroic raiding.

You miss spelled the godsend that is MSV.

2 Likes