Just returned and DCing constantly. Have WinMTR text

Just started playing again after several months away. Never had any issues like this before. On any character, on both retail and classic, I get booted to the login screen after just a minute or so, with the common error WOW51900319.

I’ve updated the game as much as I can, and disabled all addons. I’m finding that I can only stay connected to the game if I don’t move around much, unless I move by holding down both mouse buttons or by autorunning…when I only move that way, I can stay connected for like 15 minutes at a time until I randomly get booted. But holding W, and especially holding W and Space at the same time to fly upwards diagonally on a mount is a guaranteed DC. When I do this, my character and mount model animations start stuttering very noticeably right before the drop happens.

Things I’ve tried:

• making sure graphics driver and windows 10/directX are updated
  • no addons
  • renaming cache, interface, and wtf folders
  • unchecking “optimize for speed” under system settings ingame
  • went to wow.exe properties and disabled optimize for fullscreen
  • PC has always been connected via ethernet
  • ran this WinMTR test for around 5 minutes, up until my 2nd DC. Results below. Not sure what to make of this, appreciate any help.

Note: adding spaces to break links so the forum will let me post this…

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |

Host - % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
10.20.11.1 - 0 327 327 4 5 10 5
172.98.67.254 - 0 327 327 4 5 9 5
162.253.71.76 - 0 327 327 4 5 7 5
ae1-1415.cr0-tor1.ip4.g tt.ne t - 0 327 327 4 6 62 5
4.68.39.41 - 0 327 327 5 10 40 25
4.69.142.178 - 98 68 2 21 21 21 21
BLIZZARD-E N.e ar 7.Chica go2.Lev el3.n et - 0 327 327 20 24 91 21
ae1-br01-e qch2.a s579 76.ne t - 1 284 283 20 375 4339 138
et-0-0-0-pe01-eqch 2.as 579 76.n et - 0 327 327 20 22 131 20
24.105.62.129 - 0 327 327 22 22 29 22
________________________________________________ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

PS: I have a hypothesis that might be hilariously wrong, but I’m wondering if my aged and faulty keyboard might be causing this. Sometimes my keys get “stuck” (not physically but the computer thinks I’m holding the button down way longer than I am). I’ve noticed these DCs seem most tied to movement, which makes sense as WASD are the keys i’d be holding down the most. I’m wondering if my keyboard is like spamming the server with commands at an inhuman speed, and as a result I just get kicked because the game thinks I’m botting, or I’m just overloading it with too much info. Does that make any sense? IDK, I’m not an IT guy. But soon I’m going to get ahold of another KB and I’ll see if that fixes the problem. Will edit with update on that.

im chicago with comcast and this has been happening to me since last night

Does it seem to be connected to movement with you as well? I’m playing from Ontario, Canada so I’m assuming I route through the “central” path. Only other option being west coast.

Hey, Aldrea! Thank you for including a WinMTR test and detailed information! The connection test here appears fine. There is some loss, but I’m not too concerned with the loss since this is probably just some security/firewall set and it doesn’t persist throughout the rest of the test.

Like you mentioned, this is definitely possible and we have seen external macros or keys getting stuck causing disconnection since the server indicates this like it’s spamming the servers. Would you have any external keybinding programs on the system? If so, does uninstalling it help?

If you have an extended keyboard (num keys, arrows, etc), could you try using the arrow keys instead? If the keys here aren’t sticking, it should help. You can also try checking the keybindings to set the movement keys to something different that you maybe more comfortable with to test with some of the keys that may not be sticking. The mouse middle button or holding down both the left/right keys should also be a workaround until you can test out a different keyboard.

This is a Blizzard issue not the user issue.

Go through a portal. That’s what stops my DCs. And no, I’m not joking.

But I have the same disconnection code and I have a thread for this as well.

I’m having the same issue as well and my keyboard is perfectly fine.