Just rejoined and trying to figure out how to build up rep

So I’ll admit that I haven’t played in years, but the gorgeous cinematics at blizzcon peaked my interest, that and the new foxy race. I’ve been replaying the game for about a month and need to know the best way to build up reputation with them so I can get one. Any suggestions?

It would help to know what you’ve done so far in order to better guide you. Have you started BfA content on a character? Did you use a 120 boost?

I’m going to assume that you’ve already unlocked world quests on a Horde character. If you haven’t and need guidance for that, let me know.

Make sure you’ve done all of the regular quests in Voldun. (You’ll need to achievement for the zone, and you’ll also get rep for the quests.) You’ll want to clear out all the world quests there every day, as well as watch for Voldun Emissaries. You should also get a contract for the Volduni. Contracts are made by scribes, and will get you 10 extra rep for the given faction every time you do any BfA world quest. They last for a week and persist through death. It’s not a lot of rep, but they aren’t too expensive and every little bit helps.

So I ended up buying the collectors addition of battle for azeroth while it was on sale and got the boost up to level 90 I believe? So I leveled up from there. I completed all the quests for the area with the vulpina and I believe that I’m friendly with them? Or is it honored that is the one right below what I need I think.

I don’t know what world quests are though. It’s been since mists of Pandera first came out that I played.

So, looking at the wowhead BfA attunement tool for the character you’re posting on, it looks like your next step is to finish up the footholds for the War Campaign.

In order to open up world quests, you need to do the following steps.

(1) Get to 120. (Done!)
(2) Get to friendly with the 3 zone factions for your faction. (Wowhead shows this as done.)
(3) Complete the 3 foothold quests for the enemy continent. (This appears to be where you are at.)
(4) Complete the quest “Uniting Zandalar.” (You’ll get this once you’ve done the third foothold quest, and since you’ve already got the friendly rep, you’ll be able to turn it right back in.)

The foothold quests are the first part of the war campaign. You’ll pick them up on the boat where Nathanos is. You can see which ones you’ve already done by talking to Admiral Tattersail on the boat. If she has a non-quest option to travel to a zone, then it’s done. If you can travel to a zone, but it says “quest” in front of it, you’re working on that zone’s quests. Finish it up. Otherwise, you should be able to pick a zone from the scouting map next to Nathanos. (You may have a quest specifically telling you to pick a zone, but if not, you can just pick one.)

Once world quests are unlocked, you’ll see a whole bunch of world quests pop up on your map. (These will be circles with exclamation points in them.) They are effectively a newer version of daily quests. They are on varying timers, but most will be up for 24 hours. (You can see how much time is left on them by mousing over them.)

The ones in Voldun will give you some rep for the Volduni. (Also, hit up the AH for a Volduni contract before you start doing world quests for 10 extra rep for any world quest in any BfA zone.) World quests are also a good source of gear upgrades. So, check and see which ones have gear rewards you can use.

You will also have emissary quest show up on your world map. (They’ll be in one of the bottom corners.) You’ll see 3 emissary slots on the map. Each emissary quest is up for 3 days. (So, you can miss a couple of days of logging in without losing out on the Emissary quests.) Each day, one of them will expire and a new one will pop up. That means that when you first unlock them, you’ll have 3 active. One that expires the next day, one that expires that day after that, and one that expires that day after that. (It can sound confusing, but once you get going with them it makes sense.)

The Emissary quests generally have nice rewards when you are first starting out, and they offer 1500 rep for whatever faction the Emissary is for. This will be a big chunk of how you get to exalted with the Volduni. So, make sure that when a Volduni one pops up, you do it. (Each factions Emissary will pop up once a week on average.)

You’ll also want to start gearing up to make thing easier. I’m not sure what has changed with 8.3 landing, but I’d still say doing the early stuff in Naz’jatar is going to be a good use of time for a fresh 120.

If a quest for Naz’jatar doesn’t appear automatically, head to the boat and you should be able to get it there. Follow those quests to open up Naz’jatar. You’ll get a quest for a ilvl 370 weapon early on. You’ll also get a piece of ilvl 385 gear a bit after that and a quest to upgrade it. Hold off on the upgrade quest and you can use the 20 manapearls you get to do the quest for 4 more pieces of ilvl 385 gear from Finder Palta in New Home.

Once you’ve got those easy upgrades, you may want to head into the 8.3 content and start working on that. (You should have a quest pop up that leads you to Valeera Sanguinar in the Great Seal.)

2 Likes