Just logged in for 35 min. . . then logged out in disgust

Pretty sure that isn’t what he said at all.

Rather, what he said was due to the bloated loot pools, layers of RNG, and no bad luck/duplicate protection he got zero upgrades.

In fact, I’ve seen plenty of people complaining about the exact same issue in Heroic+ and Mythic+ but you want to disparage the OP because the content he did was ezmode? He didn’t even say anything at all about “Mythic raid gear” and pointedly stated he was looking to upgrade 355 to 370 items.

See the thing is, we previously had smaller loot tables that made it easier to target upgrades and also had currencies you could earn through a variety of content that you could use to purchase the okay upgrade of your choice. In a reasonable time frame as well. We also, for a time, had a system whereby you could upgrade the item level and stats on the gear you had using an easily obtained currency to help even out your bad luck.

Now we have RNG, enormous grinds for some RNG, an even worse grind for a specific item, and you can purchase the option to try your luck with RNG over again.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the point of this post is that his alt got better gear in 30 minutes than weeks of grinding on his main. Sad that 32 people have as bad reading comprehension as you do.

1 Like

Or high skill requirements.

The biggest chore will be getting 39 other pinheads to do the most basic of mechanics to down a boss.

I’m terribly worried about how boring nearly all the encounters might be after doing anything remotely challenging in retail. like putting the training wheels back on in terms of skill requirements and overall pacing.

The community is the only thing I’d like to see from classic. I’m not so sure we can recreate it though, given just how selfish and rude our community is now.

Just look at all the snarky remarks in here telling people they didn’t actually earn loot, because the content they did is somehow beneath their superior opinion of what is and isn’t hard to do.

Guess I’ll toss out my own opinion.

Nearly all of vanilla was brain dead easy in terms of skill, it just happened to be extremely tedious and required you to invest much more time into it to go anywhere. The fact that guilds were clearing content with rosters that had plenty of clickers and keyboard turners speaks volumes of the games difficulty.

Nearly all the encounters could be done by someone clicking and keyboard turning because the game had such a slow pace.

Probably won’t see much struggle in raids until naxx, and from my understanding the people who were playing on stolen intellectual property easily had that on farm. Not sure of the authenticity of the scaling on those servers, so maybe it was easier than the original.

Outside of them making actual brand new content for classic I just don’t see it holding anyone but the most die hard of players who want something to soak their time into. Then the community might actually flesh itself out.

I’ll be making a hunter just to solo things like I did in the past. Given how much I’ve grown as a player in terms of ability, I’d wager I’ll have very few speed bumps outside of hard resist checks. Hopefully the pathing for pets is updated compared to the hot mess it was back then.

Will be a nice easy autopilot pass time while waiting for my friends to log on for mythic+ or whatever.

I logged in to find i had to actually run around and kill mobs instead of them just spawning at the quest giver. Blizz needs to understand today’s player base doesn’t have time for that nonsense. We got things to do and moves to make.

What lol he literally said he got 4 pieces of gear and none of them were upgrades. An you in all your infinite wisdom thought you would bash someone else reading ability lmao I love you. People like you are the reason I smile

I can’t imagine people eating eggplant. But they do. Different people want different things, and we all pay the same $15 bucks a month.

4 Likes

Exaclty 100% and if i chose to just do wq i deserve heroic quality gear ya ya ya. Ion has taught us how to match things an he has taught us how to trace things now i meed Ion to teach me how to color inside the lines with an appropriate 400 item level reward!!! I demand it i pay for this game i deserve the rewards!!!

Was my preferred route, I’d just ran bgs all the time until I was all epic’d out, had a blast doing it and enjoyed accumulating power and ammassing hk’s, my disc priest is my pvp toon and ‘was’ my main when pvp gear vendors where still a thing. He just sits on the bench now.

But throwing a temper tantrum has yet to solve any of my issues, not sure if the OP is having any luck with it either :slight_smile:

In classic a upgrade felt real good and you looked forward to them. Now gear is falling from the sky and every time i get a upgrade I know 1 of 2 things are gonna happen. I’ll get that piece of gear again and again and againand again…, or I will replace it with a titanforge in a hour. And that does not feel good at all.

2 Likes

Am I to assume that you are thinking that you should get upgrades and no duplicates every time?

When I run old dungeons for transmogs… do you know how many dupes I get? A TON!!

You only get rings and trinkets if it says so. This is usually a Turtle reward. The rest is all RNG. Ive gotten tons of the same stuff over and over when all I want is a weapon (which again the quest has to specifically say armor or weapon)

No, I should have to work for my upgrades and when I get them I should feel good about it and run good content for them, not have them handed to me and replace them in a hour. I don’t expect to get a upgrade every time i do something, but I also should not expect to get the same shoulders 5 times in a row.

Reset your expectations? I don’t know what to tell you other than, this is the system we have right now. Adapt to it or complain about it. One is more beneficial than the other.

1 Like

Where are you getting 400 ilevel items from? I’m not seeing past 370 on WQ’s. WF/TF? So you’re complaining about someone winning the lottery on items now?

You haven’t done enough world quests to raise your ilvl to get to that point yet. Start doing them for a couple days and you’ll be 400 ilvl in no time, just ask one of these other guys in this thread who haven’t done any meaningful content but are geared like a heroic raider.

Oh wow wow wow someone didnt realize that emissaries now reward 400 azerite a 395 everything else an its fantasic. WQ ARE THE HARDEST CONTENT IN THE GAME THEY SHOULD INFACT REWARD GEAR HIGHER THAN HEROIC RAIDING NOT GEAR ON PAR WITH. RAIDING IS EZ MODE THINGS LIKE WARFRONTS AN WQ ARE WERE THE REAL ENGAGING AN CHALLENGING CONTENT IS!

Not on my warrior, no, but my DH is maxed at about 378. And if someone is grinding enough WQ’s to get full 400’s on every slot, then it sounds like they’ve done the work, no? Isn’t that the point you keep hammering endlessly, that people should be rewarded for the work they do?

1 Like

In disgust? … really? … here’s a tip, close the game, turn off your computer and go outside.

1 Like

“I played for 30 min. I deserve 4 upgrades.”

XD

2 Likes

I can’t imagine you played in early BC, when we were getting raid level PVP epics from basically just messing around in BG’s. Nothing has really changed in the 13 years since. Certainly not the complaining about it.

2 Likes