Just kill the skull omg

Why is it when I mark targets with skull and X dps decide to just start attacking the mob I havent built agro on?

I pull with shield, judge on X then consecrate so it already has a good amount of threat and start working on the third and fourth targets in a pack but sometimes the dps just go full nutso on the one with the least amount of threat.

You’re killing me smalls! Explain yourself.

2 Likes

You’re a pally, I thought pallys had super powers in tbc.

All jokes aside I hear ya, as a healer I see dps hit anything other than skull or not using their interrupt.

2 Likes

We do but I prefer to be in the driver seat for the pulls. Usually its not so bad but the last group I was in literally every pull the skull and x died last lol. I felt like they were trolling me at the end :rofl:

1 Like

Sir, If I just hit whatever has the most health that means I get to damage for longer without being interrupted which means I’m a the top of the meter. What’s hard to understand?

6 Likes

People being people :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because I have to seed everything that isn’t skull so that skull takes damage when it’s all said and done.

3 Likes

Yeah it went pretty smooth despite the lack of killing marked targets first.

1 Like

My buddy tanks, which I’m grateful for. This drives him up a wall, being a warrior tank. At one point, he just started letting the mob being pulled that wasn’t skull or x have their way with the dps who pulled it.

He always ends up feeling bad for the healer though.

1 Like

5 Likes

Tbh its only frustrating because I’m trying to be a good tank for my groups. Gonna try taking less seriously even though I do feel bad when a group member dies. I just did a MT and the healer got vaporized by a darkcaster when they did their mana burn. Made me sadge.

Could be second guessing you too? They see another target as being a bigger threat and kill it without telling you and then play dumb when it kills them or group.

Playing with pugs means proving yourself over and over… Why we don’t tank pugs.

This is the only way. Let them die until they take the hint.

This is the way… a good DPS can single target a mob to some degree. Or avoid death long enough to kite it.

Pretty much as a Warrior tank that’s how I handle it. They either learn, have a big repair bill, or leave. All are fine with me.

2 Likes

Let them die. Do not assist the dps. Assist the healer cause they’re gonna try to heal the dumb player…but, let them die. Enough deaths they’ll either leave calling you a bad tank or learn to use F1 or put you on focus, or play their role in a dungeon. There is no other way.

1 Like

I suspect that if they cut their teeth on retail, and are now trying classic, they have no idea how much more difficult it is for tanks to build up threat.

People won’t get better until they’re taught better.
So the only thing to do is share your knowledge.
It won’t always sink in; but at least you’d be doing your bit to make the virtual world a better place.

Alas I believe retail tends to encourage a much more isolationist mindset.
While it’s easier to join PUGs there’s little to promote true teamwork.

im sure you cant possibly be one of the tanks that marks the healer skull and the shadow priest x in slabs then yells at everyone for wiping or one of those other tanks that wants cc on a specific target yet doesnt let said target run past you into the cc right?

Whisper the healer that you are going to quit saving that DPS and the healer will break out the popcorn and enjoy the show. A healer wants to help train that DPS as well.

3 Likes

I’m not high enough for shadowlabs yet as I’m only 64, and I try to do some research before tanking a new instance. The gripe in question was from a normal ramps lol, nobody died but I was just frustrated because every pull the dps ignored skull and x, it was comically bad.

1 Like

If it’s some random mob or patrol off to the side or nearer to the backline and not in the mobpack you’re tanking, I will often go ham on some random mob like that, until you pick it up. I don’t want some rando mob that got missed in a pull running straight for the healer.

Mind you, as a rogue I can usually get away with this, which is the reason I do it.
edit wrong toon.

2 Likes