"Just jump off a cliff and die..."

Why are your Wormhole designs like this? I used one of the wormhole portals and basically took one step forward and fell to my death off a cliff. I took ONE step. One single step forward and died, right after coming out of my loading screen.

Wormhole portals are important. They’re supposed to save us travel time. Why do you think this crap design is okay?

In what world is portalling players to underwater locations where they can drown if they tab out momentarily, or fall off a cliff if they take a step forward good portal design?

Really, why…?

Were you a druid? I didn’t think they could drown!

This was one of my alts. My point still stands. Wormhole design is stupid and ought to change.

Stop wasting players’ time.

Where did you fall off a cliff and die? I use this thing every day and have never died.

I just expect that kind of thing from Gnomish engineering.

8 Likes

Please tell me you weren’t on this Druid…

Oh, and gliders are your friend!

Who knew gnomish tech was unreliable? :smile:

4 Likes

That’s the main reason my engineer never uses them .Being ported high in the air on my paladin during wotlk just sealed that for me.

3 Likes

It actually doesn’t have side effects like the old one’s did which is why I am trying to figure out how he managed to die.

Well unless he was on a lower level char and it was the old one…

1 Like

Ya, I wouldn’t complain too much. All it did was kill you, not like it turned you into a gnome.

2 Likes

Could be mine was and was new too,well at least I had a good view of icc.

It’s not entirely useless. In fact, it was integral to my obtaining an Ascended Skymane.
Pop 3 bells across my alts, pop the last two closest to each other on my engineer, wormhole to Bastion and the Aspirant’s Crucible and be there before the council has even assembled.

There are some portals that put under water, if you simply portal and don’t check where you land even a druid will drown. Every portal around every zone except ZM (maybe some others I am forgetting) will have a chance to put you in a place that can kill you. Like with WoD, your portals can place you 100 feet in the air and if you don’t have some sort of disengage or a goblin glider, or if you have high ping, it’s basically death so you need to come prepared.

As for OP walking off a cliff, or anyone falling to their and drowning, do it once and it’s an accident, do it twice and they should learn, do it continually and it’s their own fault for not learning.

If only engineers could make diving helmets or gliders, but alas… :pensive:

Blizz likes to incorporate stupid crap under the guise of “fun” but then remove anything that players think is fun; personally I find that to be amusing :rofl:

Without CDs

It’s almost like the flavour text warns of the instability of using wormhole generators.
They aren’t meant to just be free hearths around the world.

That is literally the fun of the gnomish/goblin engineering branches. Just wait till you see the jumper cables malfunction.

Hehe… not quick enough on the flight and aquatic form.

It’s been this way since forever… engineering gadgets can also help you mitagate poor outcomes of wormhole travel…

Goblin glider + height = win?

Because the profession has always had that element of risk, and it’s cool.

If it didn’t have a chance to kill you then it’d just be another toy.

Which it is.

Ancient Dalaran portal says hello

1 Like