Just healed some keys as MWer for the first time

So my group that I run 20s with decided to do a fresh alt carry (350 mage) and I healed for the first time. I heal in raid but always run Brewmaster as a tank. Holy cow is MWer strong. Even kept the fresh mage alive quite a bit. The AA, I ran I finished around 45k DPS beating the mage. The TJS wasn’t bad either ended around 35k DPS. The only key we didn’t time was the RLP, too much trolling. Did 46k HPS 30K DPS. I thought MWer was trash tier? We only carried the mage through the AA, the rest were 400+ alts.

And this is exactly why you shouldn’t listen to bad players who blindly follow a meta that doesn’t impact 95% of the playerbase.

6 Likes

We have really great ability to single
Put a person who is dying and heal them
Up really quickly. And then if you have enveloping mist on targets too, you’re smart healing 2-3 people at once pretty significantly.

It’s my favorite healer :-). I also play rshaman but it doesn’t feel as responsive or mobile to me.

2 Likes

MW pumps, esp since 10.0.5. ( more buffs inc too in 10.0.7 when celestials shield every min and sheiluns hits 5 people with a faster cast time :3 )

It’s mostly a skill issue when people come here complaining, and it’s usually the same few people, or their alts. ( not managing ren mists, not using talents that work together, not understanding mechanics, new to being in melee, weird stat weights, following a meta build they don’t understand )

Tier lists are ridiculous and not even relevant until past 20s ( more like 22s now maybe ).

MW is still the most fun and engaging healer imo, very much viable with different playstyles. ( and very mobile )

4 Likes

The lists are dumb, but they are what people go on when it comes to picking people for groups. I found it FAR easier to find groups on my RDruid than my MW, even though the latter I am better at, is better geared, and has a higher M+ rating.

While I agree with most of your points, I think there is some nuance missed. MWr certainly is a top notch healer, and their raw hps can easily be #1 if played correctly… but that’s not the entire picture.

Theoretical hps vs actual hps can differ MASSIVELY by content or just dumb luck. For example a few weeks ago I ran HOV twice in a row, same level key, and noticed a huge difference on Fenrir. One run I did 45k hps, the other 25k hps (again on Fenrir). The only difference? I had a bad string of FLS procs, the tank kited Fenrir off the faeline. Most of the time it resets, often when it doesn’t you can still roll back to pick up the buff and roll back into the fray, sometimes even that’s not an option.

Top HPS doesn’t matter to anyone if people are bricking keys simply due to dumb luck/chance. Fortunately we still dropped Fenrir both times, but had it been a higher level key, that would have been that attempt done and over, key lost.

Healing is more about consistency/reliability than topping hps meters, as high hps is often a sign of poor group performance, rather than healer skill.

I don’t think MWrs need a hps boost, but we certainly do need some QoL. The 10.07 changes are a huge buff in the areas we need, so that’s great to see (and a few buffs I don’t think we needed either). But I really think FWing needs (badly):

1. FLS having no CD. The core healing of a class/spec can’t rely on a ‘proc’. Sure 90% of the time it’s fine and resets in a BoK or 2. And even then sometimes when it doesn’t reset you can still roll back onto the old faeline to renew the buff. But if it happens at the wrong time, you can be royally $%$&$#!!!

2. The 3 healing buffs (Ancient Teachings, Awakened Faeline, Ancient Concordance) need to be rolled into 1 buff.

Those 2 changes alone would make me a very happy panda.

1 Like

Playing the wrong green spec, supposed to be evoker or go home :rofl:

Joking aside, yeah honestly MW looks fun, I want to try it. But meta slaves run M+ especially at higher levels.

Same goes for Brew. Fortunately, Equinox and Meg prove the naysayers wrong on both aspects

because you dont understand the complaints about mwer. Everything is fine when people know what to do. The second people fail mechanics its all down hill. Get on a druid and those situations become easily saveable. That said, mwer is in a better spot right now than it was at the start of the season. The issue was never, is it possible to run 20s, its, is it worth it? Why put in ALOT of extra effort for some content you can watch tv on a second monitor for, on another class.

4 Likes

MW is insanely good after 10.0.5 buffs. And it’ll get even stronger in 10.0.7
ppl who complain stayed with the mw from the start of the season where it really was garbage, but now is just too good

2 Likes

Yeah idk about that chief.

MW is one of the best healers for recovering bad situations. The bad part about it is simply that you have to use long CDs to do so, which means you can’t do it easily a second time.

You also probably put in less effort as a MW. It requires DPS to pay slightly more attention than other healers.

Agree and I am excited for the 10.0.7 buffs to celestials and sheiluns. Cant comment on Fey Line, I literally never run it. AT doing less overhealing will be nice in my raid build though, so excitement there.

Yeah, that sounds horrible aha, and is the reason I never touch Fey Line. Cant honestly comment for Fey Builds but Fenrir isnt that hard to heal with caster builds ( least Ive never had issues with it with my Legion esq tears/cf/SG/thunder focus tea build, even when people are butchering mechanics ). The healing is pretty consistently high in non fey builds imo and you dont risk losing any healing if pugs/tanks decide to move, or if you dont get the reset you need when you need it.

I couldn’t imagine running something that forces you to be stationary on a fight like fenrir tbh, what do you do when it chases someone and runs out of your fey line and melee range? Ive never ran fey line so I dont really ever have those issues thb.

If Fey Line’s effect wasn’t tied to the ground Id maybe give it a shot, like if it was an aura x yards around the monk, or a much larger ground circle. Meh though. Im glad we have multiple viable options at the end of the day and that blizz is doing a decent job at accommodating both styles when they drop buffs for MW.

2 Likes

They gettin nerfed soon my guy. MW or go home.

You literally made it harder on yourself by dropping your haste to sub 4%, then complained and re rolled FOTM when you couldn’t make it work ( and still cant even break 2400 as the easiest healer class ).

Just because you couldn’t make it work or figure it out doesn’t mean other MW need to put in “ALOT of extra work”. Many of us have been doing fine in various builds. We understand how to make the spec work.

Just because something is a bit harder, doesnt mean it isnt worth it. But I doubt a fotm reroller would understand any of this. Skill issue is a skill issue, but do go on…

…and here I thought you’d have at least gotten past 2400 by now on that druid you thought was going to be easier. xD ( maybe try not watching netflix at the same time? )

@ebolajoe this is the type of person I was referring to in my other post, more or less. They add nothing to any discussion because they gave up on the spec the first sign of trouble and come back to just to complain.

3 Likes

Its true that MW has some powerful cds. The flip side is that being on long cds means they often wont be up if you need them again. Consider something like convoke which can bring everyone to full on a 1 min cd. This means most situations will on need a convoke or even just a regrowth in M+ since everyone is already getting healed anyways. Then you’ll still have florish/tranq sitting in reserve for large damage events.
However i do expect the coming talent changes to yu’lon, shielun to make this alot better, so i think after 10.0.7 this will likely be a non-issue.

You are trying so hard to antagonize me, and run around the forums trash talking me, just stop. You’ve earned a report, and im going to continue to report you for this kind of behavior.

But yeah, upcoming changes seem to be really insane for both casted MW and fistweaving.

Yu’Lon can do the same thing.

2 Likes

yeah yulon is great, but its a 3min cd, maybe 2min with the reduction. you just dont get it often enough. I am excited for 5 person shields though.

Yeah ive picked back up my MWer to get ready for season 2 after seeing the set bonus. Additionally, it seems like something has changed with RM, the spread is proccing far more often than it used to, maybe i missed a note or they changed it to spread off the spread effect since ive noticed sometimes it drops 3 RM from one charge now.

Druid set bonus is also amazing, if they add disease cleanse for the class i might stick with it.

Honestly my opinion about Mistweaver was recently changed and I was quite surprised on how good it performed… I was tanking on my Pally and took a MW healer for a couple of keys, those were a +21 AV and a +22 TJS we timed both pretty comfortably and in general at no point did I see the healer struggling…

He provided good CC and generally it seemed like he was able to handle pretty much everything with pure fistweaving, rarely did I see him casting, he added a good 27k DPS too.

Looking at the log from the TJS (forgot to log the AV), 31% was ancient teachings, 15% from faeline stomp, 9% sheilun’s gift, about 7% from Renewing Mist and Vivify, 5% from mastery, (then a bunch of other things that are all between 1 to 4%).

I knew MW wasn’t nearly as bad as people think but this one really surprised me… Easily one of the best healers I’ve had in any group, well the whole group was great tbh with on-point interrupts and CC but still I mean the healer was an important part of those. We had all ranged DPS so having a melee kick on the healer alongside all the CC that MW provides was great.

1 Like

Take Gift of the Celestials - you get it every minute. Edited to add, Hadhit and I think Ryfuk who post here both had some excellent builds that were a hybrid of caster and fistweaver, and I believe both use Yu’lon with Gift of the Celestials.

4 Likes

Its amazing. There’s a reason I tell people MW is really good.

Did you even look at talents?

4 Likes

IF they know how to play their class, I think it has the most theoretical potential (at least it certainly will after 10.0.7). But the talents are weird, the interactions between them unintuitive, so it does take a while to really wrap your head around what to do, and why.

But yeah, having 1 extra interrupt can make such a difference :slight_smile: