Just got called a racial slur for not giving someone PI

Ask your community council what value that brings to the game.

2 Likes

That’s not their job. Report the player and move on.

47 Likes

Tell that I person if they want PI they should make a priest.

2 Likes

What does the community council have to do with someone being rude?

10 Likes

Moderation is terrible.

3 Likes

They’re discussing the place these buffs have in game right now. That’s what they have to do with it.

3 Likes

We already knew external DPS buffs were an awful idea, even before someone called you a racial slur…

2 Likes

Dude this is such a reach it’s insane lol.

What’s your point? Remove the buffs because it gives people a reason to be mean or something? Might as well shut down the game entirely

12 Likes

This has absolutely nothing to do with you being called a slur.

7 Likes

Makes you wonder how fun it’d be to have these buff/support classes people are always asking for.

It would be fine if they provided group-wide buffs/auras, like enhance shammy.

3 Likes

I give my buffs to the person who will benefit from it the most… not to the person who thinks they deserve it.

5 Likes

If you didn’t report yet and still have access to the message, report them and put on ignore.

Hopefully you can get mail from Blizz saying they took action against the player, but that is the best you can do at the moment unfortunately. :frowning:
I wouldn’t really put that on the council, even if they are currently discussing buffs.

3 Likes

Report and move on.

And the existence of buffs like this don’t harm the game. People with mindsets like the one that called you a slur do.

2 Likes

You can be called a racial slur (among other various insults) for any number of things you do, don’t do, say you did, say you didn’t do, were accused of doing, or probably even not accused of doing…and maybe other permutations as well.

3 Likes

It’s about how PI has affected raiding, it’s less about the “rudeness” and more about the buff.

Holy crap. Good point. Bards become constant punching bags.

I’d argue that it’s quite the opposite. The buff is fine. The people who think they’re entitled to get PI and similar buffs aren’t.

3 Likes

I will decide who get my buffs, that power will be my bards choice alone and if you want it, you best be kissing my :peach: insulting me wont get you :poop:

2 Likes

I think there’s something telling about the fact the warcraftlogs added a specific column in their rankings pagres to denote parses that benefitted from PI, including the precise number of buffs they received.

Not personally sure what it means to the big picture though, so I can’t say if it’s good or bad.