Just got an invite, can you copy your wrath characters over?

if i get an invite, ill make a goblin shammy and start at level 1 to help :slight_smile:

no you wont

ya i saw that goblins are off the menu. Id still love to play out a dwarf priest or gnome mage or troll hunter, all those options are available!

Stuck in a hole, can’t hearth it just goes on cooldown, and support tab in game to do unstuck just has a spinning wheel, guess I’m done testing the levelling, I’ll be back when we can copy. I’m not levelling another toon through the starting story just to get stuck in a hole again.

1 Like

So you reported those as potential bugs right? the purpose of the Beta test?

Quote:

• Create a new test character (or when available, copy over a character from your live WoW Classic account using the Copy Character button), then enter the game and test the content!

It’s a beta, not a standard PTR. You want to copy/paste you gotta wait for the PTR.

1 Like

no. The beta is to test leveling 1-60 at this time.

nice i have a goblin shaman named shazzam

Yes, bugs reported in the bug tool before I logged out.

You expect people to lvl from 1-80 to see class changes? Our 80 character copies are gonna be used for that

No. No they aren’t.

I know that… you asked “What can be tested that you can’t do 1-60 while leveling?” Hence my MF answer… reading comprehension has left the chat.

Currently leveling and experiencing class changes as I do so. The questing experience change is larger than the end game for cata, 1-60 being testing is probs going to take a hot minute.

If all people want to do is copy and 80 and not touch leveling, then those bugs and glitches get missed. The revamp is a much bigger deal to test than 80-85 is.

Thats not how Betas differentiate from PTR lol

You can copy characters over to test max lvl content on Betas. Problem is this is the low lvl testing phase so you can’t YET.

Nobody has to wait for the PTR to do that, beta will update and have max lvl testing before PTR launches.

I agree

Leveling has more content they might have messed up, for sure. This true for this xpac specifically more than others. It definitely needs its own phase of testing.

The point of 80 testing is that content is whats relevant going into Cata. Leveling might have MORE messed up content but I would say its less important than bugs that will effect launch 80+ content.

People test different things. Some like to quest, or test professons or maybe battle pets. Others want to que skirmishes to test pvp balance and new talents to see if theyre working properly. We also will find out if they added Ring of Valor Cata version into the map rotation or not. Id argue all of that pvp stuff will have less testers than everything else.

yes. yes they are.

The Battle for Gilneas is a new 10 vs. 10 Battleground for level-85 players. Much like they do in Arathi Basin, teams must control strategic capture points on the map to accumulate resources. The first team to gather 2000 resources wins.

Level 85 - Battle for Gilneas and Twin Peaks

but ok, lets take a moment to even assume the brand new Cataclysm BGs, Twin Peaks and Battle for Gilneas, weren’t for 85 only during Cata. they would still be brand new BGs that followed the same rule as EOTS/SOTA/IOC where you needed to be at least 1 level into the expansion to queue into it, thus meaning you would need to be 81, which you can not get to in the current beta.

yes i do expect them to notice the changes due to the new talent tree while leveling. “wow i got this ability so much earlier than i did earlier” or “oh they changed up the talent tree so now it isn’t the same one i had in Wrath.” also including the fact they don’t have to go to the trainer every 2 levels to buy spell ranks and certain spells like Crusader Strike are now available to all paladins at level 1, and Holy Power system available at lvl 9. and don’t forget hunter focus and pet at level 1 as well as no need to have ammo anymore.

so again i ask, what exactly do you need to be a level 80 raid geared character to test out in this current iteration of the beta?

Fair points, I may have lumped you in with the crowd wanting to just use Cata beta as a playground and not as a real beta test. There’s a lot of “i want it now” attitudes going around recently.

I would think the longer we spend in sub81 content the more fixes can be used to fix content after 80. Water is just not real in the beta right now in many newer zones. If they can fix it in Gilneas now, means they don’t have to fix it in Twilight Highlands later.

1 Like

I know a lot of people have said this time and time again but I am going to say it again for the people who do not quite understand it for some reason.

1. Cataclysm introduced a whole NEW world, NEW quests, NEW everything.
2. The only content that was released in Cataclysm 80+ was 5 new leveling zones, some new spells, 2 Random BGs and like 1 arena if I am not mistaken (not including the rework to Ring of Valor).

So in conclusion the only thing that really matters at this very moment is the NEW world and NEW quests in the old world. The content from 1-60 more than out weighs the content that was put out for 80+

I was trying to quest in Hillsbrad Foothills and it was miserable trying to quest through the zone, 50% of the quests did not work. This is what really matters right now making sure everything works not just 80+ content. Why not be happy you got a Beta invite and contribute to something. Not to mention a whole new talent system which you can test while leveling

i.e. the different percent chances of procs, etc. that will not only affect lower level content but especially that of 80+ content. We will most likely not see a launch till June or July maybe even later who knows so you will have time to transfer over your 80+ character in the future once they open up all the content.

With that all being said. Either enjoy it or go play Retail or any other version of the game that Blizzard offers and stop complaining/making arguments with people about things that are irrelevant.

2 Likes

The entire world got a makeover in Cata so they want us to travel all of the zones and make sure it all works. Cata was an overhaul in combat, talents, world, and quests

You can when they put lvl 80 character copy in… thats the point and why you need a max lvl to test them…

Arena skirmishes testing talents against players, seeing if new arena map is even added, testing new arena map mechanics that move pillars etc, max talent points to actually test them all, cata lvl professions if they have that, transmog collections from across your account what got added what didnt, reforging, leveling & quests in 80+ cata zones, new bgs, tol barad if thats active (idk), and more if you need me to keep writing.

You are acting like a clown. There are a ton of things to test at max level. Do us all a favor and sit down.

Thats true, but ya there is a ton of stuff to test at max lvl. I knew it would come in phases tho so its expected.