Just finished a 10/10 Nathria and got no drops, AMA

I don’t know why I pay for this garbage game anymore…

155 Likes

Neither do I . Man we think alike … high five :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

12 Likes

If you measure how good a game is by how many random drops you get, you should try borderlands, every thing you kill drops stuff and bosses drop like 20 items.

35 Likes

Turns out that Borderlands is a pretty good game. :slight_smile:
The loot scarcity is a bit much. Sure, earn it. Doesn’t mean you should complete an entire raid every week, some of us two raids (N/H) (N/H/M) and get absolutely nothing.

61 Likes

Why do you only play for gear drops instead of playing for fun?

12 Likes

Why lie?

What about all that sweet anime power?

26 Likes

Yup loot is messed up in WoW atm, but sadly blizzard only has 2 modes. Either loot rains form everything and 90% is useless or loot is rare but most of it is useful.

But this is just how the game is, as cliché as it is, if you don’t like it don’t play because the only thing blizzard is gonna hear is a large drop in subs.

4 Likes

Because there’s nothing fun about spending several hours in a raid and having nothing to show for it.

65 Likes

Maybe the real gear drops are the friendships and dank memes we made along the way.

35 Likes

Gear drops are fun. This is an RPG.

24 Likes

This is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard all day. Congratulations!

66 Likes

Speak for yourself. I like raiding because it’s a fun activity. If you’re only playing for the reward at the end, then what’s the point?

If content isn’t fun, why are you playing it?

If all y’all care about is the purps at the end, go play a p server where you get BIS upon log in

3 Likes

I’m not. But I’d like to be. So I give feedback.

You’re not the police of what is and isn’t fun. Drops are fun for a lot of people. Gear, cosmetics, etc… Stuff to work on that results in rewards is the structure of a lot of video games, and it’s a huge feature of the most successful RPGs.

16 Likes

Did you at least pretend to be happy for your guild mates that did get loot?

7 Likes

It IS fun but it ISN’T fun when you don’t get anything for your hard work effort and time. The content may be fun, but it lessens the fun when you get nothing to show for it. Get it?

8 Likes

This is one of the reasons that DKP worked so well in Vanilla. Loot was NOT common and you could go all expansion without getting your BiS you really wanted.

However, you did get DKP which gave you a more solid position on what loot did drop. You also got a slot on the raid roster which meant you had a chance to get items.

I think that was a major part of why Vanilla lack of loot did not feel as bad - you still got a feeling of progress every raid (if you were not on loot council).

There were a few diff systems for spending DKP, but they tended to be more fair than loot council or RNG.

6 Likes

You get the experiences of overcoming a difficult challenge with a group of friends.

Why does the loot matter at all?

5 Likes

you cleared the raid, so do you really need them?

2 Likes

Welcome to raiding.

Thats the truest thing I eva read