Just dropping in to see if Blizzard came to their senses

I agree. They hopped on the classic bandwagon back in 2016…the same year Nintendo came out with their NES classic and hit the jackpot.

Yeah. And the SNES Classic that followed.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they’ve decided to do it. But it’s obvious that all the “We’re doing it for you” is simply PR speak. They’re doing it to cash in on the retro-game craze. Everything old is new again.

When you can’t defend and so you build a strawman.

ESO is garbage compared to Classic. If anything ESO is the rip off.

1 Like

then don’t play the classic servers then if that upsets you. It wont upset me. Heck I look at it as a “legacy” option that they should have had since TBC released. But that’s something you wont talk about because you don’t like anything, unless you think of it.

Just dropping in to see if people stopped trolling by creating a duplicate post about issues that are already being debated to death in another post.

Whether you find a game fun or not is personal opinion, not “straw man”.

I agree. WoW isn’t the only game out there, and there are games that do things better than WoW does. Have never played ESO, but FFXIV does many things better than WoW.

Having separate subs makes zero sense. The only people who “might” play classic are people who played it in the past or people who are bored with retail. If you take a brand new person and let them play classic and retail for a week, 99% of them will go with retail. I’ll try classic, but doubt it will hold my attention.

If that were true, retail wouldn’t have falling subscriptions for 5 straight expansions. Warcraft with QoL conveniences has not only failed to increase subscription numbers, as Acti-Blizz had hoped, but has led to a steady fall. It is time to gut retail and rebuild it on a Classic foundation, which will be the next ‘You Think You Do, But You Don’t’ crusade to undertake when Classic player metrics easily surpass the continually falling retail metrics.

I’m not currently paying. I think the combined sub is a great idea.

This is really all you are about… Trying to not spend $13 /month to play.

Considering the hours you’ll put into Classic, there’s very few forms of entertainment that are less expensive. If you can’t afford that, maybe you should get a job.

1 Like

isn’t 15 $ for classic WoW sort of a rip off anyway we all payed for the game years ago and payed sub for updates Classic WoW is not getting any udpdates :thinking:

I paid my National Grid bill last month…why would I have to pay it again? :stuck_out_tongue: You’re paying for access to the content. Paying for that access in the past doesn’t entitle you to it in the future.

That said…of the things that might change about Classic the payment model isn’t on that list. Blizz would never say it’s included in the regular sub and then deviate from that. So this is a lost cause. It is what it is.

1 Like

Sweet. Less congestion on launch day.

2 Likes

there is a reason why activision is forcing the combined sub. and its as plain as the nose on your face.

from a business stand point: if you knew that people hated “certain” games/content that you produced, what is the best way to lock them into it anyway, by making them pay a sub?

exactly.

greed isnt about consumer choice.

they are well aware that the majority HATE Bfa and what would be the conclusion if they had a separate sub?

There’s sharding…you won’t have any competition on launch day no matter how many people play.

Just an fyi: sharding has not been confirmed.

This is so false. Sharding doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed to be by yourself. Does it happen from time to time? Sure. It’s not a normal thing that occurs. Because mob sharing won’t be in Classic competition on mobs is still baked in.

On the topic at hand, it makes complete sense for Blizzard to have a shared sub. If you think Blizzard is going to distinguish between retail and classic and not just call it world of warcraft, you’re delusional. Also it’s my opinion Blizzard’s main hope for Classic is to have something retailers to do in content droughts, sure not all retail players are going to want to play Classic, but this will offset with the people who only want to play Classic. Blizzard is in the business of making money, finding ways to make more money is what companies do.

Ignore the people who don’t want to $15 a month for classic (not like we need to sink $60 for an expansion)
If they are too cheap to afford it then they really don’t actually want to play. If they can’t afford it then they really should not be playing video games.

The conclusion if they had a separate sub is that nobody would know the number of players Classic or BfA had because they haven’t reported those numbers in a very long time.

This idea that they’re combining the sub for the benefit of making BfA look better is nonsense. At best they’re hoping some people will play Classic instead of unsubbing during content droughts.

2 Likes

Play ESO then. Leave this “DOA” game to us. :slight_smile:

1 Like