Just downloaded Final Fantasy XIV Online

So much this. :arrow_up:

I miss the old SSI games.Before opening the door I cast these spells and drink these potions.

1 Like

BTW Raist, I will avenge my death at Pax Tharkas. Watch your back :smiley:

1 Like

Too late, the demon queen already chewed me up and spat me out.

1 Like

I know this is off topic, but I believe Dragonlance was the best fantasy story outside of Tolkien. I think I had every book TSR put out for a few years.

3 Likes

I really liked Weiss and Hickman’s treatment of the anti-hero. Death Gate was great too.

I used to have the original Greyhawk when I PnP’d.

EDIT: PnP seems to have changed definitions. I mean pencil and paper, not party n play.

2 Likes

FF 14 might be a great game. For the sake of argument, let’s say it’s the greatest game of all time. Doesn’t matter, I can’t get past the bunny ears and art style.

2 Likes

Buck-toothed little girl meme

:laughing:

J/K I get what you are saying… the playboy bunny race with the 6" stilleto heels is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Why you gotta injure my pride like that? Teflings are bae. Make them from space and it’s just a win.

Yeah they strapping animal ears on a human model is just boring.

1 Like

Each class gets so many off-GCD abilities by the time end-game is reached, and enough movement is required for fights, that the increase in GCD timer isn’t noticeable long-term. If you’re not handling a fight mechanic, there’s pretty much always a button you can be pressing.

Some aspects of the game are fantastic.

“One character can do all the jobs!” is what kills it for me. Alts are my thing and this game is extremely alt unfriendly. Content is story gated and alts have to suffer through the same questlines in order to lock the game. While the story and questlines are good, ONCE, it’s torture to do it again…which is why you can buy a magical potion in the cash shop that lets you skip story content.

In WOW, when I see the option “I’ve heard this tale before…” it’s so so nice.

You can skip way more cutscenes in ff14 than you can in wow.

The mandatory unlocks killed alts for me in legion. I’d rather do the heavensward campaign 10 times back to back than go through the same quest chains dragging yet another character through the exact same stuff in legion.

1 Like

See, that’s something that I like about it; I prefer playing a main character, but eventually I hit a content wall, and if I want to keep playing, I basically have to switch to an alt. However, I’m just not as invested in them. The job switching let’s me level alts on the same character. :smiley:

2 Likes

i played if for 3 weeks didn’t like it the game play or questing. looks pretty tho

MMORPGs don’t require an “open world”. They simply require a story, and multimassive online platforming. By that definition, both WoW and FFXIV fit into the bucket!

If you’re playing every job on a single character, you’re not going through the story more than once. You’re doing the story on the main job, and grinding dungeons/fates/etc on the alt jobs.

2 Likes

Yes. They just can’t find anyone willing to do it.

2 Likes

You must not RP (despite your server) because IF you are an RPer you would come running back to WoW. Literally between the Mary Sues and the Goldshire ish RP …it is just not worth RPing there.

Final Fantasy 14 is the adorable chibi rebound I had after my breakup with WoW during the WoD years.

You know how you end a relationship and are butthurt from all the time and energy you poured into it only to have it fizzle out/explode on you?

You know that feeling of euphoric relief the morning after you wake up from that rebound hookup?

Thats what FFXIV does. When WoW lets you down, tells you you’re no good, says garbage like “What, you don’t have a cell phone?” and just gives up on trying to make you happy…

FFXIV puts on it’s most adorably cute (and somehow arousing) outfit and does a burlesque routine to cheer you up. Some jokes, some cat people, some highbrow exploration into the nature of good and evil…

Then FFXIV will introduce you to their friends, the gaming community. You will be amazed at how nice, courteous, patient and ENCOURAGING your peers are when you move in to their neighborhood. You’ll get random invites while out working on FATES which you gladly accept because suddenly, half the people in the zone are cheerfully helping you, and taking the time to ask how you are enjoying the experience so far…

For real, don’t listen to the haters. Yes, FFXIV is a different game. you will need to adjust to new rotations, global cooldowns, play styles etc…You will need a MUCH more powerful GPU than it takes to run WoW so you can truly appreciate the medieval rennaisance steampunk mashup aesthetic in all of its surreal glory…

But if you feel like Blizz is letting itself go and giving up on all those happy years you had together…maybe you might go clubbing in Eorzea some night, see what cozies up to you.

There…Not an alt. Not a Bot. Pay me, Square.

6 Likes

Been there, done that… WoW is better

Also played Rift at release and that was a very good game until it went F2P, I left because they wouldn’t add flying and the people on the forums kept saying " WoW is that way —>, I’ve been here ever since!

Um…they do add flying dude. Every Expack. You explore EACH zone and unlock 10 - 15 waypoints in that zone…And you have flying! No gating, No Waiting…just do it.

So…Whats with the lies? Is Blizz paying you as much as Square is paying me?

3 Likes