Just downloaded Final Fantasy XIV Online

And as a WoW fanatic since TBC, I think it is a fantastic alternative to wow for those who are getting bored. Seriously check out this game, it’s great.

Real MMORPG feel.

19 Likes

Ooo lemme grab my popcorn, this should be good.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I brought enough to share!

8 Likes

Nobody:
Literally nobody:

You: “I just downloaded this other game, let me post on that other games forum to let them know”

18 Likes

I played it to level 32 and hated it. I thought WoW fetch quests were bad but running around to just talk to everyone was so bad. The combat was also crap along with zones on rails. I got GTA 5 online and having a blast

5 Likes

Nice ad for FFXIV.

1 Like

Some of them feel more genuine.

But this one feels 100% like a paid for AD.

Lol

1 Like

…guy acts like he just discovered fire.

:laughing:

:ice_cream:

3 Likes

There is nothing that can be said for me to downgrade to FF14. It’s hard enough to even play WoW these days

2 Likes

New forum alt? Check

Advertising FFXIV? Check

4 Likes

I’ll agree with this, it does have the RPG part where we lost most of that.

6 Likes

Tried it once couldn’t get into their travel system - maybe it is better with flying.

1 Like

Only if you’re in to Anime and Asian RPG/MMOs.

FFXIV :face_with_head_bandage::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

So, how much is Square Enix giving you? Do they pay by word? Or letter?

1 Like

I want Camelot unchained to come out and pray they don’t mess it up

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

Everyone has their opinion but for me I had to laugh at this because I didn’t feel any mmorpg feel.

• Chat was dead. Every time I played I never saw anyone talk and felt like I was playing a solo mmo. I know there were people because I saw them but never saw anyone speak.
  • Very small zones and each zone you go to has a loading screen. Takes out A LOT of immersion which imo is important to an mmo.
  • Lots of invisible walls. Prevents you from moving around freely and really felt like you were on rails. Image being in Tanaris and wanting to jump down into Ungoro Crater. You wouldn’t be able to. Had to completely backtrack because I took the wrong split in the road and the other side was separated by a little valley which in WoW I could just jump down and get over but not in FF. Had to walk all the way back to the fork.
  • Insanely long CDs.
  • Story is pretty meh and not only that, a lot of the cut scenes are way to long.

Glad you feel it is a “real” mmorpg feel but I think quite the opposite and sooo glad that WoW is a true open world.

7 Likes

I played up to 70 on that game and sorry to say but it’s just boring and I hate the way cinematics and cutscenes play out.
I wish it wasn’t uncomfortable to sleep with a laptop on you but I could have replaced xanax with it.

And no, I am not fanboy-ing out. I gave it earnest effort and It’s just another boring JRPG to me with too many twilight like sparkles and the inability to make male characters that don’t look like figure skaters or Judas Priest members.

I unsubbed after doing some of the shadowbringers stuff because it’s just not awesome to me.

I like FF games that are single player. 7 , 8 and 10 were amazing. This is just boring and no sense of finality with a final fantasy game.
(Every other FF game had that sense and dragging it out in an MMO just … yawn) lol…

3 Likes

Well… they DO have the cheesecake playboy bunny race.

:laughing:

1 Like

The game’s travel system is primarily “teleport wherever you want” honestly.

Hard for me to imagine anyone is out there making use of flightpaths.

2 Likes

I couldn’t get past the nasty 2.5 second GCD that every ability, minus a handful, were on. Felt soooooooo sloooooooooooow compared to wow.

Though I have heard there are a couple of classes that have faster GCD’s? Needless to say, my goodness did I not like how slow my character felt in combat.

EDIT: I should also point out, in case something has changed, I played about 2 expansions ago.

Do people get paid to advertise WoW on the Final Fantasy forums, too?

3 Likes

I play both at the moment. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. I won’t claim that one is clearly better than the other. I like them for different reasons. Come at me bros.

2 Likes